It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2009, 01:12 PM   #1
(female)

aquachic HB User
Birth Control Pill and Acne - please help!

I have been taking Yaz for about 2 years now off and on. Most recently I was on it for a year straight. I started taking it for acne and to regulate my period. It did wonders for my skin...I used to get horrible cysts under my arm in addition to moderate acne on my face and it cleared both up. However, I stopped taking Yaz in the middle of the pack about 10 days ago due to the potentially serious side effects that I had read about online as well as my own experience of gastrointesintal problems and having to have my gallbladder removed.

Unfortunately, in just 10 days my acne has come back completely, so I want to go back on a birth control pill, just not Yaz. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a pill that works really well. I had tried Loestrin 24 before, but it didn't help at all. I'm desperate at this point for something to work well and fast, before the cysts come back on my skin! Also, since I stopped taking the pill in the middle of the pack, how soon can I start a new pill....I don't want to wait until I have a period because my acne is so bad now that I was in tears this morning!!

Old 10-23-2009, 10:35 AM   #2
(female)

Acnewhiz HB User
Re: Birth Control Pill and Acne - please help!

I have a great facial that could possibly work for you. It worked for me, and I had really bad skin. All you need:
a) Tea Tree Oil ( This works great, and you can also apply it on your skin before going to bed) Only a few drops
b) Cactus Flower, and jasmine facial mask (Or any other preferred reg. facial)
c) Spectro Jel (only a pea size amount)
d) Nivea body spray (A few sprays)
This works great. The tea tree oil really gets rid of the dirt and fungus that causes acne. And the nivea hydrates your skin, the cactus flower/jasmine facial and spectro jel also cleans your skin. I would suggest leaving on for 14-21 minutes. This facial is not like most, so it doesn't "peal" off, you can rinse your face off under mild warm water. Enjoy, let me know how it works.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread