It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2009, 07:12 AM   #1
(female)

SeF9608 HB User
Question Tri-Sprintec/ Ortho Tri cyclen LO

Okay, so i have a question. i was on Ortho- Tri cylen lo and the drug store gave me the generic tri sprintec. lately i have been experiencing some sharp pains across my abdomen. has anyone else experienced this? they r not cramps. and they always come when i just start and new pack and right before my period. i have been told that ortho tri cyclen lo causes cysts on your ovaries...this that true?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2009, 10:16 AM   #2
(female)

Leraaa HB User
Re: Tri-Sprintec/ Ortho Tri cyclen LO

I was on ortho tri cyclen lo for about 4 years and i switched to sprintec two months ago. I believe I might of had a cyst before i started taking the ortho and when i started taking ortho the pain went away and never came back. I never had any side effects from ortho at all. I switched to sprintec i dunno a little over 2 months now. worst thing ever! The first month started off not too bad...some lower back pain my period came a day late which has NEVER happened. The second month was the worst my hair started falling out and is still falling out like crazy...extreme lower back pain...ab/ or ovary pain just some severe cramps...do not take sprintec...if you are doing well on ortho just stick with it...the price isnt worth switching to. Everyone reacts differently to birth control so you never know until you try but if you have no side effects now why switch. Im now off all bc and i never ever will go on it ever again no matter what...thats how bad my experience was. I also hear if youve been taking bc for a long period of time there are side effects when trying to get off of it. So now im waiting for my body to reajust to its natural normal state. If you decide to switch just make sure you are very cautious of the side effects...if you feel like something is not right i would suggest to get off it. The first month i felt like something wasnt right and i just waited and continued to take it and now my hair is falling out. Goodluck..i dont know what your situation is and i dont mean to scare you but from my experience birth control is just evil and i would rather be preg then go through what im going through now. Hope this helps and sorry again to scare you but this is trully my experience that i dont want anyone else to go through.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2009, 12:02 PM   #3
(female)

hpettis HB User

I have been on tri sprintec for 5 months now and yeah the price is great but being on it really really sucks. I have had my period every other week since I started one week on my period one week off and then the next week I am on my period again. Thats really the only problem I have had with it. I just called my doctor to put me on something else. The birth control I was on before I didn't have my period for 3 months so my Doctor put me on this and it has been hell and a killer in my sex life no wonder it protects you from pregnancy since you are your period so freaking much.

Old 10-24-2009, 03:04 PM   #4
(female)

ladyblack HB User

I also switch for othro tri cyclen to tri sprintec the first pack i did not see a change at the end of the second pack have been spotting and some bleeding but light. I have never had this problem before always have a pap once a year.Someone told me the reason i am spotting and bleeding is because of the lower estogens level.

Closed Thread