It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2009, 11:19 AM   #1
(female)

purplesilhouette HB User
how long does it take for breasts to shrink back after stopping the Pill?

Hi everyone,

I've been on the pill for about two and a half years, and I'm stopping this month. Of all the things I've been concerned about in terms of stopping the pill, the only one I haven't been able to figure out is what will happen to my breasts. I know they should shrink a bit, down to what they were before I started the pill, but I have two questions:

1. how long will it take after my last bleeding-on-the-pill week for them to reach their stable size?
2. I am currently also trying to lose some weight. Will losing weight while my body is adjusting to the change in hormones cause my breasts to shrink more than they should or normally would? Should I hold off on losing weight?

I understand the pill tends to be different for everyone so there's no absolute answer. But even if you don't have a definite answer, I'd still appreciate just hearing about your experience.

Thanks!

Old 10-15-2009, 01:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: how long does it take for breasts to shrink back after stopping the Pill?

I think it depends how much weight you gained while you were on it. If you gained a significant amount of weight like I did then it will take a long time to get rid of the extra weight. But if you only gained like 10 or 15 lbs then I wouldn't expect for that weight to stay on very long after you quit.

Your first question is impossible to answer. The answer is, who knows? Its anyone's guess. You'll just have to wait and see what happens in your case.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2009, 01:52 PM   #3
(female)

purplesilhouette HB User

I didn't really gain a significant amount of weight while on the pill, im just looking to lose 5-6lbs at most. I'm not necessarily worried about being *able* to take the weight off, I'm more worried about if being in the process of losing weight while my breasts are shrinking from the lack of hormone, will cause them to shrink more than they would have if I hadn't been in the process of losing weight at the time.

Old 10-15-2009, 03:04 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I'm really not sure. You can lose 5-6 lbs just while sleeping, so it's not likely to make that much of a difference, really. I'm not sure how much they grew while you were on the pill but I'm pretty sure that the order in which you choose to lose the weight probably won't matter all that much since you gained so little weight on the pill.

Closed Thread