It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2010, 02:56 PM   #1
(female)

her and hayley HB User
Question Your experiences with different birth control pills?

Hey everyone!
I'm seventeen and began taking a birth control pill last week (YAZ). My doctor put me on this one because it's the one my sister is on and she hasn't bad much trouble with it, so for conveniences sake, I'm on it too. I've only been taking it a week and already I've been having some issues. I've never had acne in the past but my forehead has been breaking out, I'm pretty bloated, my anxiety is a lot worse than it usually is and the pill makes me feel super nauseous a little after I take it. I told my mom about it and she told me it would take a couple weeks until my body got used to the hormones.

My question was, what have your experiences been with YAZ or other birth control pills? I've heard a lot of negative things about YAZ from my friends but they're not the most reliable source of info, haha. Thanks so much in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2010, 03:55 PM   #2
(female)

prettiestpon HB User
Re: Your experiences with different birth control pills?

i hated loestrin fe 24.....i missed my period and worried i might be pregnant, But it's very common To miss periods. just not a fan of guessing

im back on yasmin...love it and it was great for my Acne and my periods were like clockwork

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2010, 08:57 PM   #3
(female)

Shannyn Nicole HB User

I am on Ortho Micronor (it is a progestrian only pill)
they told me I might stop having period all together (which in the beginning I was all for but I still get my period so far) I had headaches the first month but no problems since

Old 04-06-2010, 09:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

EagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB UserEagleRiverDee HB User

My first pill was a monophasic and I had trouble with it- it made me moody. I switched to a tri-phasic and did better on that. I'm now on a low-dose monophasic with no problems. If you're having issues with moodiness or other, let your doctor know because there are lots of options.

Closed Thread