It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2010, 09:10 AM   #1
(female)

dmbcrush915 HB User
IUD & BC and Still Bleeding...

I had a baby in September of 2009. I was put back on my BC at 2 weeks post partum, my bleeding/discharge from delivery had stopped. 2 weeks later I started bleeding heavily, passing very large clots at times. They did an ultrasound on me and found nothing. I was placed on a different BC, taking 3 pills a day for 3 days to stop the bleeding. I continued on that BC for 2 months and had fairly normal periods. I decided in January to get Paragard placed in. Everything went great! I spotted a little the first few days and that was it. 3 weeks later, I began bleeding. I though it was just my period. I knew if could be longer and heavier, but I began bleeding so heavily I was going through an overnight pad every hour, this lasted 7 days til I visted my doctor again. I was put on BC AGAIN! I am just starting my 3 week od pills...woke up this morning...BLEEDING AGAIN! I feel like I have been bleeding since I had my daughter. My doctors have no explanation for me. Has anyone else experienced something like this? Should I get a second opinion? I am starting to think there is something more serious going on.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

LauraLu HB UserLauraLu HB User
Re: IUD & BC and Still Bleeding...

You need to get that IUD yanked out now! I swear, I don't think the paraguard should be allowed on the market anymore.

After I had my daughter in July 07', I got this IUD in September of 07'. My periods would last up to 8 days straight, and the bleeding was heavy. Before the birth of my daughter, my periods were 4-5 days. The IUD caused horrible cramping, heavy discharge, and backaches around ovulation as well. I finally got it removed in July 08'. I now get normal periods that last 4-5 days again, without the awful side effects.

Why did you go on BC pills 2 weeks post partum? That seems so early. Perhaps your body was not done bleeding from the delivery. I remember bleeding for a good 3-4 weeks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread