It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2001, 03:04 PM   #1

Eva HB User
Another question about birth control pill

Does anyone here who is on the pill not take the sugar pills and go straight to the next pack so that you don't get your period? Wow I think that would be sooooo convenient! But I'm not sure if it's a good idea to just keep taking them and never get your period. I've heard that some doctors say that this is fine, and other doctor's recommend that you don't do this. What is the general concensus? What do you all think? thanx for the input!

------------------
~All work and no play is totally missing the point!~

Old 02-06-2001, 03:34 PM   #2

sabrina HB User
Re: Another question about birth control pill

before you do something like that consult your doctor first
and it should not be done for a long period of time, i would say 3mths max without a period
check out the topic on it <A HREF="http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/Forum116/HTML/000005.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/Forum116/HTML/000005.html</A>
<p>[This message has been edited by sabrina (edited 02-06-2001).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2001, 07:54 PM   #3

beloved HB User

I was just getting ready to ask the same question. My boyfriend and I are planning this big month-long vacation and I'm scheduled to get my period for the first week that we're there...and i would really really like to avoid this. Has anyone actually tried this method, and if so were there any noticable side effects?

Old 02-06-2001, 09:50 PM   #4
(female)

skip_to_my_lou HB User

I've tried myself alternating between 2 months no period and 2 months with a period. To tell you the truth, I thought it was great at first, but I wouldn't do it long term. I think it's okay to do if you're going on vacation or on a honeymoon since it would be short term.

The thing I noticed is that my bra size went up (it hasn't changed since high school and I'm 23) and I had even more trouble taking off weight. I gained it more. I don't know what else, but it can also make you more proned to yeast infections and bacterial infections. I'd talk to your doctor before doing it. Don't do like I did, of course I did talk to my dad who is a doctor, but he wasn't to keen on me doing that.

There's a post in here called No more periods which talks about the very thing (it has one of those cool looking flames. (Sorry I'm not computer savy to be able to cut and paste.) In it I said that I had no problem, but here it is a month or so later and I have noticed some effects. I let my period happen everymonth unless I'm going on a long trip.

Old 02-07-2001, 02:28 PM   #5

Delyrium HB User

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by skip_to_my_lou:
<B>I don't know what else, but it can also make you more proned to yeast infections and bacterial infections. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

heh yes this is extremely true. unfortunately i went through a HORRIBLE yeast infection (it was so sore that the medication touching my vagina would make it itch and sting) and it was my FIRST yeast infection ever. I have been on the pill for about a month now and the only thing i noticed at first was yes - my boobs - no weight gain yet though!!

I wouldn't hold off your period like that unless you REALLY needed to. It's not natural and i'm pretty sure if your gonna let your body's hormone balance go totally wacky like that then it can't be very safe either...
good luck

Closed Thread