It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2001, 08:41 PM   #16

lonelygirl HB User
Re: Natural family planning

Wow, I was just starting to get very angry about some of the misconceptions about NFP people are throwing around here, when I saw Sinead's post. I was going to direct you to that exact same link: <A HREF="http://www.ccli.org" TARGET=_blank>http://www.ccli.org</A> . A common misconception that I'm seeing here is that Natural Family Planning is just the "rhythm" or "calendar" method. It's not -- there's a lot more to it and it's a lot more effective, whether you're trying to conceive or trying not to conceive. I'm sorry I don't have any experiences with NFP to share with you, but as Sinead and Sami Girl said, it is about as effective as the pill, and also much healthier for you (and in the long-run, less expensive). I've seen a video about NFP that claims that something like 95% of those who use NFP recommend it to other couples. The Couple to Couple League has a home-study course for $55.95 plus shipping, and you can also search for teaching couples in your area. If you attend church, you might inquire there, because a lot of churches have NFP classes. If you have the time and money, there's not much to lose by trying it out for a while, and chances are you will like it and want to continue. Good luck!

Closed Thread