It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2011, 04:58 PM   #1
(female)

shayangel0206 HB User
Question Puliminary Embulism (blood Clots) on Sprintec

I am 29 no major health problems and i was just pronounced with multiple puliminary embulism (blood Clots) i was on sprintec for less than 2 months and i woke up one morning and couldn't breath right. when i went to he hospital they told me i have numerious blood clots in both sides of my lungs and spent the next 5 days in the hospital on 2 different types of blood thinners. i am going to have to be on blood thinners for at least the next 3 months with regular blood tests to monitor my INR to make sure my blood doesn't get to thin and i hemmorage. Is anyone or has any one experience something like this on sprintec??

Old 03-15-2011, 06:01 PM   #2
(female)

KREgirl09 HB UserKREgirl09 HB User
Re: Puliminary Embulism (blood Clots) on Sprintec

Blood clots are possible with any hormonal birth control. So it is very possible that it could be the cause of those multiple blood clots.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
(female)

Daivilo HB User

This just happened to me. I was in the hospital three days and got out on Sunday. I actually went to the ER with a pain in my leg and they scanned my lungs on an off chance. Multiple clots in my lungs as well. I'm on two different blood thinners and blood tests every week. I'm 22 and relatively healthy. I'm a little over weight but my cholesterol and blood pressure are close to perfect. I know exactly what you're going through.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:41 PM   #4
(female)

Daivilo HB User

And you're also from Georgia? Thats too coincidental for my taste...

Old 06-02-2012, 05:48 AM   #5
(female)

trussell67 HB User

I am also in Georgia and have Bilateral Pulmonary Embolii. I started taking Sprintec in November due to abnormal flow (hemoragghing) for over a month. I took Sprintec for 2 months, started my 3rd pack and couldn't breath. I walked 5 steps, it felt like a heart attack. Finally went to the hospital and they admitted me for a 7 day stay in the Intesive Care Unit. I am on Coumadin now after having to have a hysterectomy to stop the hemorraghing. I tested every week for a couple weeks and now it's every 2 or 3 weeks depending on how the last test was. I'm 45, overweight and still have trouble breathing after going for a walk or going shopping. Anyone know if there is a class action suit for this? Sounds like it's a problem!

Old 01-19-2013, 09:25 AM   #6
(female)

allblueeyes HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayangel0206 View Post
I am 29 no major health problems and i was just pronounced with multiple puliminary embulism (blood Clots) i was on sprintec for less than 2 months and i woke up one morning and couldn't breath right. when i went to he hospital they told me i have numerious blood clots in both sides of my lungs and spent the next 5 days in the hospital on 2 different types of blood thinners. i am going to have to be on blood thinners for at least the next 3 months with regular blood tests to monitor my INR to make sure my blood doesn't get to thin and i hemmorage. Is anyone or has any one experience something like this on sprintec??

Hello. I am 44 yrs. old and I was pronounced with the same problems you have in August of this year. I was only on it for less than a month. Still on blood thinners till next month till they check my INR. Then just in December my sister had the same problem and she is 51 and been on it for 5 yrs.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #7
(female)

allblueeyes HB User

Hello. My name is Michele and I am from Washington State, 44 years old. I had the same problem in August 2012. I was put in the hospital for 4 days and was on the pill for a month. I was diagnosed with puliminary embulism in my lungs on blood thinners as well. I have just gotten a hold of a lawyer and waiting for him to return my call. My sister was also had the same problems, but didn't have puliminary embllism. Blood clots in her lungs, but it wasn't as bad as mine and in her legs. She was admitted to the hospital for 2 days.

Last edited by allblueeyes; 01-24-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #8
(female)

changedbythepil HB User

I was on trisprintec and had a dvt last August that ended with a PE in both my lungs, My hemotologist has run every test on my blood and I do not have any genetic blood disorder. My OBGYN told me last March not to worry about blood clots on the pill. In August I had a stabbing pain in my calf and a few days later pain in my side when I took a breath. Went to the Dr they said I was fine. A few weeks later I could not breath and my Dr said I had asthma and sent me for a catscan after I told her I thought I had a clot, She sent me for the scan with an inhailer in hand....I knew it was not asthma. I was rushed to the hospital and am still on blood thinner. This has ruined me emotionally I do not think I will ever be the same. They say the bcp caused it. I never smoked, ate right and worked out. Never let your Dr push you away..BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE. So scary. Emotionally it really messes with you.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #9
(female)

auntieb13 HB User

Is there a class action lawsuit against Trisprintec? I'm a normally healthy 33-year-old but last November I was admitted to the hospital with blood clots in both lungs due to this birth control.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #10
(female)

Jinxmerlot HB User

I just had to comment after coming across this thread tonight. Back on October 20, 2010 I was diagnosed with a DVT in my left leg. I was 28 years old, and I had only been on the birth control pill Tri-Sprintec for a little more than 8 months. It was a horrific ordeal to go through with being on both Lovenox injections for a week and then Coumadin therapy for 3 months, and the clot has permanently damaged my leg (though I am honestly thankful to be alive today). There are so many advertisements for lawsuits on TV regarding Yaz, Yasmin, Ocella, and even IUDs having caused serious injury, DVTs, strokes, and even death in women. Online I am coming across more and more women, many in their twenties (like I was), who have been harmed by Tri-Sprintec. I too wonder if there has ever been a lawsuit filed against this drug?! Does anyone know? I hate that this particular pill has hurt so many others.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #11
(female)

Princesa HB UserPrincesa HB User

OMG ((hugs)) to all of you!!

I've been on various birthcontrol pills over the years including Sprintec and Tri-Sprintec luckily with no issues. All this is scary,I was on Yasmin(Zarah) last year in Aug and switched but now I'm back on it currently this month..I told my dr that last year all the ads on tv freaked me out wich is why I switched to begin with but I will be keeping a eye out for any health changes and contacting my dr asap.

Closed Thread