It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2011, 07:37 PM   #1
(female)

MandaC HB User
Low Dose Birth Control and Weight Gain

Hi! This question has probably been asked 100 times. I have been on Loestrin 24 for about six months now. After about the first two months I started to notice some weight gain. I began to eat healthier and I now work out about 4 times a week with cardio and strength training. I not only didn't lose any weight but I gained it. At this point I have gained around 5-6 pounds and I feel like I just keep gaining as the weeks go on. I know Loestrin is a low dose birth control pill so my gynecologist told me that switching to a lower dose wouldn't make any difference. I was wondering if this is normal and if I will continue to see weight gain? Is there a point that the weight gain will stop? Thanks!

Old 08-01-2011, 08:19 AM   #2
(female)

ashlee5 HB User
Re: Low Dose Birth Control and Weight Gain

You're body is still getting used to the pill. Weight gain is perfectly normal with birth control. I was on a low dose one as well last year and I still gained about 5 pounds. I've been on a few different ones and with every one there are consequences. Mood swings, acne, weight gain, etc. You can't get away from it. If you really don't like the weight gain, keep working out but don't over do it, or talk to your doctor. I'm sure you look fine, it happens with everyone!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2011, 08:32 AM   #3
(female)

MandaC HB User
Re: Low Dose Birth Control and Weight Gain

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm glad I am not the only one and that it is normal.

Closed Thread