It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2011, 11:48 PM   #1
(female)

helppp HB User
what happens to your body when you go off the pill?

I was on loseasonique for a month, and then after a week break I took kariva for about two weeks. I went off that one and got my withdrawal bleed. Doctor said I was gonna be bloated and crampy and such. All this has happened. I bled for about 5 days, so I don't think I'm pregnant but I was just wondering if this is normal because it doesn't feel like period bloating anymore, now I just feel gross like I did when I was on the pill. So I guess I'm wondering how long it takes for all of it to come out of my system? When will I be back to normal?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2011, 01:48 PM   #2
(female)

Morgan28 HB User
Re: what happens to your body when you go off the pill?

everyone's body is different. for some ppl it may only take a week, for some it may take a month. check with your doctor

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2011, 02:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

For some people it can take 6 months to a year. It depends on how quickly your body recovers from being on the pill. Some women have no symptoms, some have just a few and some have a ton. It's a very individual thing and it's impossible to tell you how long you'll be going through withdrawal.

My doc told me some women are also super fertile immediately after quitting the pill so make sure you use protection if you don't want to get pregnant.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:22 PM   #4
(female)

helppp HB User

Okay. Yeah I was wondering if maybe I feel so gross now because I had such a hard time when I was on the pill. It made me sick to my stomach the entire time so I'm thinking my body's just getting it all out of my system. I was sick like this when I was on it but now it's getting better day by day.
I was just kinda wondering if it was normal to feel that way while your body gets it out of your system.

Closed Thread