It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2010, 11:25 AM   #1
(female)

wwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB User
Can Depo-Provera use cause permanent infertility?

Hey everyone. A few years ago, I went off of Depo-Provera after having been on it for probably 3-5 years. Anyway, 2-3 years passed by and my periods never did become regular again. It was like I was still taking the Depo-Provera. I generally have 1-2 periods a year now. I just went off of the Depo-Provera again after having been on it for 3-6 months. I can't remember if I received 1 or 2 injections this time before going off of it again. I have been off of it this most recent time for about 3 months now. I have not yet had a period but I didn't really expect one anyway because of my prior irregularity. Anyway, I don't really remember if I had irregular periods when I was a teen or not. I am thinking that I had mildly irregular periods but nothing as severe as they are now. I am thinking that before, I had periods about every 2 months but I am not entirely sure. Now, I am lucky to have 2 periods a year. I want to get my periods back because some day I might get married and want children and I don't see that happening with my current irregularity.

I have considered going on the birth control pill for several months and then going off of it to see if my periods would then resume a normal schedule but I have never consulted with a doctor about this before and so I have no idea if it would work or not.

Anyway, does anyone know if there are any medications out there that can help your body have regular periods with regular ovulation and all again? Are any of these medications covered by Medicaid? Medicaid is my only insurance provider.

Anyway, thanks for any help that you can provide.

Later,
wwwgirl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2010, 10:59 AM   #2
(male)

Anonnymust HB User
Exclamation Re: Can Depo-Provera use cause permanent infertility?

Good question... Im seeking info on this shot for me and my current girlfriend, because she used to take it before for about 2 years with her ex boyfriend, but now that she's with me

We would like to try some birth control method.

But she gets sick when on birth control pills...

If i can i would love to get more knowledge from you about the shot.

and i hope you find your answer

I quote from somethingi read on the internet
Quote:
Future Fertility

Women who want to become pregnant may stop using Depo Provera at any time. For some women, fertility returns immediately. For others, it may take 6-18 months or longer for the body's hormone cycle to go back to normal.

Old 05-28-2010, 02:51 PM   #3
(female)

Jenneypooh HB User
Re: Can Depo-Provera use cause permanent infertility?

Hello,
I took depo for about 3 years and it took me about 2 years to get back to normal. But my sister stopped it and got pregnant withen a few months. I started taking otc prenatal vitamins to get myself back to normal (my periods have never been every month but at least they would show up about every other month). Try the vitamins you can use the cheap ones from any dollar store or wal mart. They all do the same thing... Good luck

Old 05-29-2010, 09:15 PM   #4
(female)

wwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenneypooh View Post
Hello,
I took depo for about 3 years and it took me about 2 years to get back to normal. But my sister stopped it and got pregnant withen a few months. I started taking otc prenatal vitamins to get myself back to normal (my periods have never been every month but at least they would show up about every other month). Try the vitamins you can use the cheap ones from any dollar store or wal mart. They all do the same thing... Good luck
Hmmm, I might try that. I am honestly not looking to get pregnant though, I am just wanting to have my normal fertility back.

Old 06-01-2010, 03:31 PM   #5
(male)

Anonnymust HB User

Well I just talked with my Girlfriend,
she was on the shoots for 3 years she said..

and she just suggested the wildest think to me

She said that we should hae sex every day, so her hormone lever would rise, and then she would start to get back her period

at first i thanked the lord to hear her ask such a thing, but now it has me thinking if she's a nympho

will increased sexual activity help her gain back her periods?

She hasnt had a period for 2 months now she says....

Old 07-12-2010, 08:38 PM   #6
(female)

prettyblaq HB User

ive been off four two years exact today an my horo.. are so off balance

Closed Thread