It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2010, 11:48 PM   #1
(female)

hemp365 HB User
Is it possible to shorten my period on birth control pills?

I am on Solia and i am happy with it. I got my period yesterday. THere are seven placebo pills in my pack. My period started on a Sunday which is on the fourth placebo pill leaving me with just two more placebo pills. i was wondering, it is healthy/possible to shorten my period by skipping the last two placebo pills and going right to the active pills. Also, does this increase my chance of becoming pregnant. Thank you for any help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2010, 12:15 PM   #2
(female)

tigerlily32 HB User
Re: Is it possible to shorten my period on birth control pills?

No, do not skip any pills, you will increase your risk of pregnancy, your period's length is determined by the pills, and how your body adjusts to them...it is possible to skip a period using BC pills, but that should not be done often either...I would advise against it

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2010, 09:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: Is it possible to shorten my period on birth control pills?

I agree, you should not start taking the new active pills early. You're going to mess up everything if you do.

It's pointless to do that anyway because eventually, after you've been on the pill for a while, you should only have a 3-4 day period, anyway. If you started your placebos on a Sunday, by Thursday, your period should be gone.

You should keep in mind that there's a reason why the directions are written the way that they are. And all over the place, girls who try to change the way they take their pills are getting pregnant left and right or having major issues with breakthrough bleeding and other side effects. It's not worth it to mess around with your dose that way.

Closed Thread