It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2011, 10:43 AM   #1
(female)

Tigerlilly86 HB User
Implanon side effects and Implanon removal side effects

I wanted to start a thread for people who have experienced side effects after having their implant inserted, and for those who have had side effects on removal.
I had three implants one after the other, each time a new one inserted upon the other being removed. When I had the first one, it wasn't long after I had started my periods therefore I didn't have a regular cycle so didn't know what to expect with regards to my cycle. I didn't bleed for about six months to begin with and then started having irregular bouts of spotting and then eventually had the odd few days of bleeding properly.
With the second implant I experienced much more bleeding though still irregular. I would bleed for three weeks, stop for a day or three, bleed for two days then have nothing for six months.

As well as the bleeding, with the first implant I experienced severe panic attacks, though how much of that is related to the implanon itself I have no idea. I haven't seen any literature to state there's a link between the implant and anxiety problems. I suffer from depression anyway and people around me said it worsened with the implant.

I have had the third one removed and have felt teary and shakey everyday, its been two weeks now. I have also broken out in a severe rash of tiny red itchy blotches, on my face, forehead and shoulders, down one arm. I have no idea if this is my body adjusting to not having the implant anymore. Has anyone else experienced any side effects from having a longterm implant removed??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread