It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
(female)

quiteunsure HB User
Exclamation On the pill, Implantation bleeding?!

hello everyone!

I have been on my birth control for a couple of months now, and I am starting the 3rd row of my pills. This morning I have spotting (enough to use a panty liner.. and it started off a lighter pink to a now darker brown)... and I am very worried if this is implantation bleeding or maybe something else????

Last month i took an emergency contraceptive pill.. and this month i was quite sick.. so i'm not sure if that'll have some effect...

I know that I won't know if im pregnant till next week (when i expect my AF).. but i was hoping anyone could give me insight on what they believe.

Although I am at the stage of my life where I would be able to care for a baby, right now isn't the most ideal time for me to start a family (especially since the "dad" and I aren't on great terms now a days)...

but yes, does anyone know if this is implantation bleeding??

thank you for your help!

Old 01-21-2012, 09:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: On the pill, Implantation bleeding?!

Before assuming implantation bleeding, since you're on the pill AND took Plan B, I would first assume breakthrough bleeding which, if you read the package insert, is the most common side effect of being on the pill. When you're on the pill, there is no such thing as implantation bleeding. That only happens to women NOT on the pill. So if I were you, I wouldn't worry about it at all and just realize that spotting and breakthrough bleeding will happen to all women on the pill at some point or another while they are on it and adding Plan B while on the pill is most surely going to make that problem worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread