It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #1
(female)

kyndalsmom2005 HB User
Is this anxiety related to my birth control?

Hi everyone! I haven't been on here for a while, but the anxiety/depression board was a lifeline to me when I went through my post-partum issues with my children and I can't thank you all enough.

Now on to my current issue. I have subtly noticed in the last weeks some of my old anxiety issues coming back to haunt me it seems. Well last night I had trouble going to sleep and proceeded to have a minor panic attack and as a result spent most of the night mostly awake and fearful of another. Today I am on edge and feel almost like I did right after I had my kids and before the anti-depressant kicked in.

And then all of the sudden it hit me, could it be the birth control pill I am on? I have been on Loestrin for about 5 months now. I haven't had a period on it for the last 2 months so I know it's definitely messing with my hormones.

Any advice is appreciated, I just want to try and get some answers to see if it's a possibility. TIA!

Jennifer

Old 02-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #2
(female)

thelogicoflove HB User
Re: Is this anxiety related to my birth control?

I definitely think it's a possibility. I have a history of anxiety and depression, and after starting birth control, both seemed to return. If I were you, I'd talk to your doctor about it before it gets worse. I was an anxious mess for four or five months before I did anything, and now I'm on another pill and on the road to feeling better. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #3
(female)

kyndalsmom2005 HB User

Thanks very much for your response! I am keeping a close eye on it now and will give them a call if it gets worse. I have a history of getting one bad nights sleep and panicking that the anxiety feelings are all going to come back. Usually a few nights of good sleep makes me feel better about things. Trazadone has been a godsend for me. I wonder if any one birth control is better than others with this?

Old 02-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #4
(female)

thelogicoflove HB User

I was on Levlite, now I'm on Ortho Tri-Cyclen. I still get anxiety from time to time, but I just switched to the new kind less than a month ago, so it could just be because my anxiety has been flared up for so long. I would recommend Ortho Tri-Cyclen so far. :-)

And yeah, I get what you do, too. If I feel bad one night, I make myself anxious by worrying if I'll panic again! It's a horrible cycle. I hope things work out for you.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:10 AM   #5
(female)

kyndalsmom2005 HB User

Sorry to hear you have the same sleep issues I do, I hate how it seems to have taken over my life sometimes. Thanks again for your information. I called the nurse about it and she didn't seem to think it was related and even gave me 4 more months of samples of the Lo Loestrin so I don't know what to do. Part of me wants to just quit the bc and be done with it because I'm not worried about the pregnancy part. It's sure been nice not having periods for the last 2-3 months though.

Closed Thread