It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2012, 04:31 PM   #1
(female)

QA15 HB User
Uncharacteristic Breakthrough Bleeding

I have been on the pill for about 7 years, and until about 3 months ago, have never had problems with breakthrough bleeding. I take Levora 0.15/30 continuously, 3 packs straight through and then my period. This regimen has worked fine for me for 7 years now, so I'm not sure why it would stop now.

I'm not perfect about taking my pill at the exact same time everyday, which I know you are supposed to do, but I also do not use it as my only form of birth control, so it's never been too much of a concern. I know that not taking your pill at the same time everyday can cause breakthrough bleeding, but it's never been a problem in the past, so why would it start now?

Any ideas? Its really starting to become a serious inconvenience.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: Uncharacteristic Breakthrough Bleeding

I understand that this is the first time you've had breakthrough bleeding in 7 years of being on the same pill, but I from what I understand about people who take it back to back like that, eventually sometimes the breakthrough bleeding happens at some point for whatever reason. I wouldn't call it uncharacteristic because it's not an uncommon thing to have happen when you're on the pill, especially since you're taking it back to back like that. I know it's seriously annoying but there's not really much of a fix for it except to change pills or ride it out. There's really not much else you can do about it, unfortunately.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2012, 07:05 PM   #3
(female)

QA15 HB User
Re: Uncharacteristic Breakthrough Bleeding

I said uncharacteristic because it isn't typical for me. I'm mostly concerned because it's happening almost every week several times. That seems like a lot even for breakthrough bleeding, especially because is isn't light spotting, but rather significant bleeding.

I have heard that if you remain on the same pill for a long time, your body can adjust to it and the pill will become less effective. Could this be a reason for so much breakthrough bleeding?

Closed Thread

Tags
abnormal, breakthrough bleeding, concerned