It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #1
(female)

Avariel256 HB User
Questions, experiences, opinions and thoughts on Essure

Hello, everyone. I'm new to the boards. I'm a 36 YO childless-by-choice woman who is seriously considering Essure - permanent non-surgical sterilization. I'd be quite happy to never have to worry about having children again, and I've known I did not want children since I was 17 and have never wavered in it.

That is not my problem.

I have the basic concerns about the procedure and the pain, of course. I wanted to see if anyone had experiences with it. I've heard both good and bad things.

I also find in myself some curious emotions about being sterile. It seems like I should have more problems with it, but mostly I am comfortable with it. Sometimes it just pops into my head, though.

I have my surgical consult in May, so it's not like I don't have plenty of time. At this point, I see no reason not to go through with it. But any thoughts anyone has are welcome!

ETA: My other half and long-term partner, whom I have been with for fifteen years, also does not want children, so that's not an issue either, and he is also considering a vasectomy. But my birth control is first and foremost my responsibility.

Last edited by Avariel256; 03-19-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Closed Thread