It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #1
(female)

missjuliek HB User
Switched bc brands, weird period? (Sorry so long)

On the 4th day of my sugar pills (I am on Lutera and last month was on Sronyx for a month.) I got period symptoms, including my usual zit on my chin I get before my period on Sronyx. After my seven day break with that period (that was normal for me on the pill) I started on my pack of Lutera. I went on my seven day break and got the usual period symptoms and on day four of the Lutera sugar pills, I got it again. But oddly for two and a half days, I just had dark brown blood with a little bit of bright red blood toward the end.

Should I chalk this up to switching pills? Should this count as a period because brown blood is "old" blood? I got it on time too, I wasn't even a half a day late. My boyfriend and I always used a condom and not one time did one of our condoms break. Every pill was taken on time too. I picked up my new pills on Friday and told my doctor that since I switched brands, I had that dark blood but on time. She didn't seem worried, nor wanted to test me. But can someone ease my mind? PS I started the new pack on Saturday night. I am in good health (minus the sore throat I have right now) and am not on antibiotics. I have a little stress on my plate but nothing terrible that causes me to worry a lot and lose sleep. Please can someone who has been there, done that, ease my mind?

Old 04-10-2012, 05:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: Switched bc brands, weird period? (Sorry so long)

I don't think you need to worry. Whenever you're on the pill, any brand, it's going to affect your period. The consistency, the amount, the appearance, the timing, all of those things are affected when you're on the pill. There is nothing unusual about what happened to you which is why the doctor wasn't worried about it. All you really need to keep in mind is that your periods are not the same when you're on a birth control pill as they are when you are not taking anything.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #3
(female)

missjuliek HB User

So a two day brown period on the pill after switching is my breakthrough bleed and not imPlantation? Sorry for acting a little worrisome.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

No, I really don't think you have anything to worry about. Anytime you switch brands it's possible to have some weird bleeding, that's totally normal. I wouldn't let it bother you.

Also, implantation bleeding only happens to some women, not all, and not to women who are on the pill, so that shouldn't be a concern of yours.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kszan For This Useful Post:
missjuliek (04-10-2012)
Old 04-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #5
(female)

missjuliek HB User
Re: Switched bc brands, weird period? (Sorry so l

Yeah I began worrying since I feel achy still and didn't knowing it counted. Especially since I was on time.

Closed Thread