It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #1
(female)

arj4 HB User
in need of URGENT response

I'm on a combination birthcontrol pill (Loryna) that I have been taking for 2 years. I started my new pack last sunday, april 9. This past week was my first week of the pack and I noticed I took my pill about 1-3 hours late for about 5 days. Yesterday I had sex, he did no ejaculate inside of me. Technically I did not "miss" a pill, but I did take it late for several days. Will the pill still protect me from pregnancy regardless of taking it late? or should I take plan b?

I would really appreciate a response as soon as possible, as I need to purchase plan b ASAP if need be. Those questions might be foolish, but i would rather be safe than sorry. Somebody please help me!!

Old 04-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: in need of URGENT response

You definitely DON'T need Plan B. Youre fine. Taking it a couple hours late isn't going to make a difference. I took mine 12 hours late a few times and nothing happened.

When you're already on the pill, you should not take Plan B. Youre already taking hormones and to take the mega dose that is in Plan B is very unhealthy for you. I would not advise it for anyone who is already on the pill.

Last edited by Kszan; 04-16-2012 at 07:25 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #3
(female)

arj4 HB User

Even if I took it late for several days? Actually last night, the night I had sex, I took it 6 hours late. Am i still safe? If I take it right on time from here to the end of the month, will it prevent the egg from implanting?

Old 04-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

It really doesn't matter. Combination pills are a lot more forgiving when it comes to how many hours off you take it. If you were on the progestin only pill, you only have a 3 hour window. But the combination pill can be taken later and it's not going to change the effectiveness.

I'm not on the pill anymore but I was on it for a really, really long time. I forgot it a few times and took 2 the next day, I took it late a few times, I missed the last dose a couple of times. I never got pregnant. I'm telling you, really, you have nothing to worry about.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kszan For This Useful Post:
arj4 (04-16-2012), Borigirl44 (04-17-2012)
Closed Thread