It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
(female)

mnx1324 HB User
Have antibiotics/running2packs together caused this early discharge?

Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and can help to clear up a concern I have. Firstly I have been on it for over a year, and never experienced anything like this, even when I ran two packs together once before. I also use a second form of contraception, although just once we didn't this month, just after I'd finished with antibiotics but he pulled out very early (within 2-3 minutes) so I didn't think anything of it.

Last week I was coming to the end of a second pack (ran two together). I had been sick during the second month, so was on antibiotics (metronidazole for 5 days, then trimethoprim for 7 days) for two weeks a few days after starting the second pack.

Just after I had finished the antibiotics, and 4 days before the end of the 21 day pill pack, I began to experience think brown discharge. It was almost like a period, except extremely dark. I also had cramping with this.

This continued until I finished the pack 4 days later, and the cramping disappeared completely. I started to get more red-coloured discharge, what I would consider the start of a period, but only small amounts.

I am now day 5 on my break and the bleeding/discharge has stopped! I'm confused as I'm not sure if this my period or not.

Should I be concerned, or should I wait until the next month to see if everything returns to normal?

Closed Thread