It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
(female)

Kjohnson1 HB User
Stupid pill!

Okay, so I am 26 and have been on birth control for 10 years and have gone through them trying to figure out what works for me. I started on Necon 1/35, I think (going back ten years to figure out what's wrong with me) Switched becasue I was dry all of the time. Doctor put me on the patch, was on that for a good couple of years and ended up having my period for 1-2 months almost heavy enough to be hemorrhaging. Switched back to Necon, went dry again. The doctor put me on the ring, had acne like crazy, put back on necon. About three years ago I noticed I was depressed, boiling rage going on inside me, very short fuse and was crying all of the time. My husband told me he thinks it might be the pill, but he can totally tell that I was depressed, so I got on anti-depressants and switched birth controls to ortho trycyclene low. (basically defeats the purpose of figuring out whether it was the necon, I know!!) Ortho trycyclene definitely seemed to be working great but then my periods started to get real heavy, for a week (not used to that at all). So he put me on seasonique, the three month one. The first three months I tried it, I had my period for two months out of three. That's not breakthrough bleeding, that was changing my tampon every 4-8 hours for two months straight. Figured I'd give it another three month try because everybody says it takes 3 months to get into your system! Started my period again after month one, so he put me back on Necon. I am still on anti-depressants but now I feel like I'm going crazy in my mind, the rage all over again, very very short fuse and an emotional wreck. I feel my blood boiling like I'll explode and have to hold back, very very irritating. (but at least I recognize it) I called the doctor to switch me to an in-between pill, not a high and not a low, he wanted to put me back on the patch or the ring!! The nurse also told me I am one of the difficult patients with hormone problems (wouldn't you think they would want to know why??) but instead I should start popping out children and get my tubes tied!! WT*!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2012, 08:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Stupid pill!

Ugh this definitely sounds stressful! That is awful of the nurse to make a comment like that too. Is there a particular reason that you had gone back to Necon so many times, even though you ended up having to switch to something else? I'm surprised they kept sending you back to Necon when it didn't work for you in the past. I went on Yasmin and can honestly say I felt like it was a great match for me. I'm 25 and have been on the pill for about as long as you have. I started out to help regulate my periods. As I got older, I developed some pesky health issues and it's really hard to say if any of it might be caused by the pill. Overall though, I've decided to stick with what I take, because I definitely don't have some of the miserable side effects I've heard that others have. I did switch to the generic, Ocella, and was nervous to do so. Thankfully I didn't notice a difference! So other than the patch, Necon, and ortho tricyclen, are there any others that interested you? What about non-hormonal birth control? It's so tricky to find what works best. I really hope you are able to find something that works for you soon!

Closed Thread