It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
(male)

Me051985 HB User
After The Pill

Hello

My Girlfriend and I have been dating for 8 years. For the first 4 years our sex life was great. Then she went on the pill. This was great no more worries. Then changes started to happen. Lower sex drive and greater mood swings, now I knew this was because of the pill or side effect of the pill. After doing my own research.

I begged for two years for her to go off the pill. And finally she went off the pill. Itís been great. Her mood has just been like it used to be. Much lighter and friendlier. Amazing difference.!!!!! She even noticed.

But the sex drive has not come back. I am 27 and she is 25 and we have sex probably once every 2 to 3 weeks and getting longer. How long will it take for her sex drive to come back, or is it gone for ever.
We have had hard talks about this before she went off the pill, and I was very blunt on asking are you still attracted to me. She swears blinding she is.
I really don't try push her as I know pressure can kill the sex drive too.

We have been dating for a long time now. And I want to take the next step. But i am freaked out by the time I am 30 I will no longer be having sex. I am not a sex crazed person. But I really need it at least once a week. For physical and emotional part of a relationship.

Please HELP.
Thanks
Me

Old 06-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
(female)

jellybeanme HB User
Re: After The Pill

I can't answer about the time frame. I'm wondering if there are more hormone imbalances happening, and from the research I've done bc and any hormone imbalance can cause this and bc can cause imbalances that don't always correct itself without other supplementation. I have started to work with a pharmacist that specializes in bio-identical hormone therapy, lots of doctors still don't work with it. He had me to saliva testing, it's easy. Send in some saliva from throughout the day, they tell you what all your hormone levels are and also cortisol levels, adrenal function can have a large effect and I've been having adrenal problems for a couple years.

I would recommend she look into doing a hormone test, then you will know exactly what's going on, if any hormones need supplementing, and there might be other symptoms caused by it. It can be a snowball effect, if it doesn't correct itself it can cause other problems and symptoms. The cost for several tests, male and female hormones and adrenal levels, should be about $110 from a good pharmacy specializing in hormone replacement, a doctor will charge 2-3 times that.

Until then, I do know of one thing that will help. There are some supplements (natural) that make a huge difference. Maca root has helped me, it is noticeable. But even better is a supplement called Steel Libido by Irwin Naturals. It is amazing, and makes me do a complete 180 in the libido. (I don't work for them or have anything to do with them, it's just a supp. that I tried and recommend cause it works so well.) I don't think you should take it with SSRI's, can't remember, just make sure no ingredients will interact with anything she's taking. I use a full dose a few hours before, half dose doesn't seem to do much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread