It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2012, 08:47 PM   #1
(female)

amanda592 HB User
Urgent

so i started a new pill called Kariva about three weeks ago. About four days after my period I had sex. The night before i missed my pill, but took it a couple hours after I usually take it. We used a condom during sex with spermicide. The condom did not break. I am really nervous that I am pregnant because i missed the pill. I usually get all worked up about this, but i am really really nervous. I am annoying my boyfriend about it constantly. I am supposed to get my period next week, but the only symptom i have is slight breast tenderness and an increase in appetite. I just need peace of mind

Old 06-20-2012, 09:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: Urgent

You didn't really miss your pill since you said you took it a couple hours late. A couple hours doesn't make much difference since you're on a combo pill. The only time it makes a difference is if you're on the progestin only pill (mini-pill).

You shouldn't get too worked up about it. When I was still on the pill, I took it almost 12 hours late once and it didn't make any difference. Don't worry too much about how your period is, like if it's lighter than usual, cause the pill is supposed to make your flow lighter and shorter. It never worked for me that way but it does for tons of women because they are totally lucky.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread