It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2012, 04:18 AM   #1
(male)

Bewsh HB User
Unhappy - Pretty sure BC killed my relationship....

Hey everyone, I'm a guy so I know this may be a bit weird that i'm on here, I just figured it'd be best for me to do it here anyways.

So basically, me and my girlfriend (EX Girlfriend now..) were together for almost a year and a half, we were each others first for everything. We both helped each other out emotionally a lot, especially me for her, she was in quite a bad way throughout the start of the relationship. I worked on the emotional side REALLY hard for the first year, which ended up in us having an extremely solid bond.

We are both virgins and sex for us at first was a big deal, needed the first time to be with the right person. She always said from about the 6th month in that she knew I was the one she wanted it to be with, but had to sort her self out before we could (She's EXTREMELY self-conscious)

So yeah, everything with us was fine, perfect even. Always going out together, always happy, always loved up. We both agree that we feel ready to have sex, she went to the doctors to get birth control. She just missed her period (I think this is what she said) and so she had to wait for another month until she could start taking them.

Now this is where it suddenly went so sour. Within that month of waiting, we was the most sexually active we'd ever been, she was extremely excited about taking the birth control so we could finally have sex. She even wanted us to go on a holiday alone during this summer.

The month is up and I fall ill with glandular fever. She proceeds to taking the BC. Doctors told her to stay away from me for a few weeks because I was very contagious etc. Obviously I had a secluded illness, so I wasn't in the best of moods and sometimes we had little arguments over texts/phone - Nothing major.

NOW, the first week or so when I was ill, she was fine with me. Then as the weeks went on I noticed her getting increasingly irritated by things I said. Like one day I said something (wasn't even arguing, was just a general conversation) and she got so irritated that she didn't talk to me for the rest of the day. This happened for about 3 weeks, just her constantly being angry with me when to be fair, I wasn't even bad. I'll admit I was sometimes moody, it's understandable though.

Fast forward to when we're re-united, we meet up and she says about how i've made her so angry and upset. And that she feels she doesn't love me the same. We broke up about a week later after that when it got the better of me and I asked if she still wanted the relationship.

She said she still loves me and cares for me but see's me differently now. All of this happening alongside when she took her birth control, to me it just doesn't seem right. When you look at how close we were to suddenly how it is now. She stood infront of me and said "It just feels like i'm talking to a friend now" and she said that it's as much of a shock to me as it is to her.

She can't re-call when it happened, she doesn't know how it happened and she didn't want it to happen. She just said when we met up she didn't get those feelings like before.

What do you think about it?

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2012, 04:54 AM   #2
(male)

Bewsh HB User
Re: - Pretty sure BC killed my relationship....

P.S I've read at least 6 different articles about how badly birth control can affect hormones etc, can change the emotions of women and can change entirely the people they're attracted to. Which is why when some women meet people on birth control, when they come off it they lose attraction etc etc. Can even make them think they're in love with someone, then when they come off they realise that in fact they don't feel that way about them.

My ex was very easily affected by hormones too, especially on her period, she'd turn into the hulk and she'd cry over the smallest things. She was quite hormonal as it was when she wasn't even on her period too.

Old 08-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #3
(female)

Empaige HB User

Wow.. I feel this way now and yes it is the birth control.. With you being a guy you have no idea the effect it has on girls.. But more than likely it is the birth control. Iv almost ended my relationship with my boyfriend of four years more than once and it was because of how the bc Affected me personally... It honestly ruined my life and mood and happiness.. I hope things work out for you and your girl.. But trust me if she is feeling any thing like i am she feels absolutley awful.. Maybe be as nice to her as you possibly can, buy her flowers, take her to the movies, sit with her when she is sad or sick. Those things helped me feel better... It is really hard on girls because our bodies change so much while on it. And it is also very hard emotionally to. I hope this gave you insight on your situation.. If you have any questions feel free to ask

Old 09-23-2012, 11:12 PM   #4
(female)

808youngmama HB User

Yeah, its the birth control..
Ever since I started taking it (after having my baby), I've been really moody/ cranky. I get mad at my bf over everything. I've been feeling so stresssed & annoyed. So, i'm positive that birth control really messes with a girl's mind..

Closed Thread