It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2012, 11:23 PM   #1
(female)

morghard HB User
Alesse - Does it delay my period?

I had been a user of the Alesse 28-day pack, but this month I had made the switch to the 21-day pack. I am three days into what is supposed to be my period, but I have not had any symptoms such as cramps or bleeding. Is this normal? I had heard from a friend using the same birth control pack and she gets her period once every three months. I'm just wanting to know if this is the case for all 21-day pack users??

Old 08-02-2012, 04:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: Alesse- Does it delay my period?

Nothing is the case for all users of any drug. Some pills have common side effects that happen to many but I would never say "all" because that never happens with any drug.

It's common however with many pills for women to stop having periods while taking them. Not every pill and not every woman, but it's common among many. That's why if I were you I would not worry about it. In fact, as much as I hate my own period, I'd be really happy if I actually found a pill that could do that for me. So be glad you are one of the lucky ones with that side effect.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #3
(female)

Princesa HB UserPrincesa HB User
Re: Alesse- Does it delay my period?

IMO I don't think you would have any difference in your period with the 21-day pack vs. the 28 day pack....for example when I took the 28 day pack of Microgestin then got switched to the 21 day pack there was no difference in my cycle at all(never got any periods)

Plus with low dose pills its super common not to get a period.

I start the generic of Alesse (Lutera) this week so I'm curious how its gonna go for me.

Closed Thread

Tags
alesse, birth control, delayed period