It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #1
(female)

Jaymak HB User
Period very late - Negative tests so far

Okay I need some advice. I am 28 years old and have no major medical issues that I know of. I was on the Depo shot for around 3 years when my doctor took me off of it because it began causing other health problems with me. I did not have a period the entire time I was on depo. I then started taking Lo Loestrin Fe in May and since then, my period always started on the 1st or 2nd pill of the last row of my pack. Like clockwork. Well, I was due to start my period Tuesday July 24th. It did not come. I waited a few days and took a home pregnancy test because my period is always on time no matter what. The HPT came back negative. I just knew my period would come as soon as I started the 2 "inactive" pills before the iron pills. It never came. I took another test this past Tuesday (28th) because I was due to begin my next pack of pills that day. It also came back negative. So I started my new pack but still no period. Well today is August 2nd and tomorrow will be 10 days late and I've NEVER missed a period except when I've been pregnant. (I have a 7 year old son and a 5 year old daughter). I am crampy feeling, bloated, constipated, and have a general "blah" feeling but no morning sickness like I had with my other 2 pregnancies. Now let me say this. We are NOT trying to have a baby. I have my hands full with the 2 I have and we are in no position financially to have another child. Also, I just lost my insurance so I am in a state of panic right now. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this experience on this pill. Is it normal? Should I test again? I just don't know what to do at this point. Is it possible that I may be pregnant and it isn't showing up on HPT's? Is it just a side effect of the pill? How long should I go without a period before I test again or see a doctor? (Again I do not have insurance anymore so if we can leave the doctor visit out of it, that would be great) Someone please ease my troubled mind!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Period very late - Negative tests so far

Sometimes the menstrual cycle gets thrown off when starting or stopping birth control.

Give it a week, then test again. If you miss another period, you might want to see a doctor.

Closed Thread

Tags
birth control, missed period, pregnancy