It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2012, 08:48 PM   #1
(female)

Empaige HB User
Just stopped nuvaring

Hi. Well I'm 19 and iv been on nuvaring since I was 16 (I started it because I was having VERY severe period cramps the kind that would make me feel like passing out) any way it helped tremendously. I was a very active high school athlete a great body.. Most of my friends envied my body back then. But since then I have gained 50lbs and nothing I do is helping lose the weight. I have a lot of stomach flab stretch marks from hell and my self esteem is zero. I don't even feel comfortable in front of my boyfriend of 4 years. I'm moody most of the time I don't even feel like being touched. I hate myself because of how I look. The only thing good about nuvaring is it did away with the cramps and it made my cycle very regular and I didn't have to remember to take it everyday. Well I was just wanting some warnings I guess on what I might expect from you girls who have stopped nuvaring.. This was really taking a toll on my relationship with my amazing boyfriend he's had to put up with a lot. If y'all wouldn't mind telling me what y'all expdierenced that would be great...

Ps. I do not plan on getting back on any birth control any time soon (except for condoms of course)

Old 08-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #2
(female)

Empaige HB User
Re: Just stopped nuvaring

I don't know why this posted twice

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
(female)

ekr27 HB User
Re: Just stopped nuvaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empaige View Post
Hi. Well I'm 19 and iv been on nuvaring since I was 16 (I started it because I was having VERY severe period cramps the kind that would make me feel like passing out) any way it helped tremendously. I was a very active high school athlete a great body.. Most of my friends envied my body back then. But since then I have gained 50lbs and nothing I do is helping lose the weight. I have a lot of stomach flab stretch marks from hell and my self esteem is zero. I don't even feel comfortable in front of my boyfriend of 4 years. I'm moody most of the time I don't even feel like being touched. I hate myself because of how I look. The only thing good about nuvaring is it did away with the cramps and it made my cycle very regular and I didn't have to remember to take it everyday. Well I was just wanting some warnings I guess on what I might expect from you girls who have stopped nuvaring.. This was really taking a toll on my relationship with my amazing boyfriend he's had to put up with a lot. If y'all wouldn't mind telling me what y'all expdierenced that would be great...

Ps. I do not plan on getting back on any birth control any time soon (except for condoms of course)
Hey there,
Your story is almost IDENTICAL to mine!! I had been on the nuvaring during my 4 years of high school. Just got off it this past spring. I normally weigh around 120. I am 160!!! My diet has not changed...at all. I get how you feel with the hole bf situation. It is so frustrating.

Closed Thread

Tags
birth conrol