It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2012, 07:19 AM   #1
(female)

clobag HB User
microgestin, didnt skip a week.

ugh i tried to play God and didnt take the week off of microgestin 1/20. i was trying to stop my period, which it did delay for a few days, but now my period is here and i'm taking the pills on the week i should have skipped, crap. any advice if i should stop taking them or keep taking them. need my period to disappear. dumb dumb dumb but now i want to not have my period on sunday (today is thurs). any idea if i should stop for 4 days and let my period come, or keep taking it hoping it goes away? any advice from your experience is appreciated. i will never do this again, thats for sure.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: microgestin, didnt skip a week.

When I was on that pill I skipped the placebos often and just had some spotting here and there occasionally. It doesn't work for everyone so it's a shame you're one of the unlucky ones. I suggest you just keep taking it because eventually the bleeding will stop. I can't say for sure when it will stop but it's possible it might be gone by Sunday. It would be worse to stop taking it at this point because I think that might make the problem worse. Right now you've got a steady stream of hormones in your system which will get messed up if you stop taking active pills. That's why it's better for you to keep taking it now.

The following user gives a hug of support to Kszan:
clobag (08-09-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Kszan For This Useful Post:
clobag (08-09-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #3
(female)

clobag HB User
Re: microgestin, didnt skip a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kszan View Post
When I was on that pill I skipped the placebos often and just had some spotting here and there occasionally. It doesn't work for everyone so it's a shame you're one of the unlucky ones. I suggest you just keep taking it because eventually the bleeding will stop. I can't say for sure when it will stop but it's possible it might be gone by Sunday. It would be worse to stop taking it at this point because I think that might make the problem worse. Right now you've got a steady stream of hormones in your system which will get messed up if you stop taking active pills. That's why it's better for you to keep taking it now.
thanks for taking the time to answer. i have a special opportunity on sunday and the window gets closed forever if i dont partake. ugh so dumb of me to have messed with the pills though. fingers crossed...thanks for the advice

Old 08-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #4
(female)

clobag HB User
Wink Re: microgestin, didnt skip a week. DON'T TRY IT!!!!

oh Kszan thanks so much, i dont know how it happend but my period stopped with just a few hours to spare. amazing. i was able to run a 10k race and do something special a few hours after it...ahem...

Closed Thread