It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #1
(male)

daames HB User
Mistake of using baby oil with condom...

My partner and I made the mistake of using Johnson Baby Oil during sex with a condom. After I ejaculated the condom had slipped off my penis and stayed in her, when I pulled it out I noticed that it was not as "full" as it usually is. But I tested the condom in the sink by filling it with water and checking for leaks - but there were No leaks. Basically I filled it with water and did a squeeze check to see if water squirted out from anywhere, which it did not.

Is this something I should be concerned about? Is it possible for sperm to seep or get through the condom because the baby oil deteriorates the latex at all?

Pretty stressed out about this, any help about the issue above is appreciated.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
(male)

daames HB User
Re: Mistake of using baby oil with condom...

thanks everyone for your input - turns out there will be no pregnancy.. her period has arrived. if you do a google search you find that many people suggest mixing baby oil with a condom is the equivalent to having sex with no condom at all. it's kind of terrifying. but as it turns out, there was no failure in the condom this time!

case closed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2012, 01:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Mistake of using baby oil with condom...

Glad to hear it turned out fine!

Yes, baby oil and other oils can weaken latex condoms and increase the risk of tearing, so water-based lubricants like KY are better. BUT, if your condom didn't tear and still holds liquid successfully, then you should be safe.

Closed Thread

Tags
condom, lubricant, slip