It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2012, 08:18 AM   #1
(female)

sapphirekrc HB User
Question Switching from combination pill to mini pill

I have been on the combination birth control pill for about 20 years. I have been on yasmine for several years now. I take blood pressure medicine and sometimes have migraine headaches. My new doctor wants to change me to the mini pill, but I am reluctant to change. I don't take my pill at the same time each day. I am happy with the pill that I am taking, but my doctor is concerned about strokes and heart attacks because of my blood pressure and headaches. I am 48 years old and from what I have read about the mini pill, you may not have a period. I am concerned that I would not know if I was pregnant or going through menopause! She has insisted that I switch and would not refill my prescription.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: Switching from combination pill to mini pill

I took the mini pill and it had no effect on my periods. I really wanted them to stop but no such luck. I got tired of taking it so I quit. But I didn't notice any of the weird side effects that women have complained about while taking it. I only quit because I got tired of having a period so I got the Mirena instead, which has the same hormones as the mini pill. Unfortunately that fell out but it was SO great to not have a period for a while! I don't know why so many women are so against that. Especially given the fact that not having a period while on the pill is totally normal and shouldn't be automatic taken as a sign of pregnancy. Only for women not on the pill does a missed period possibly mean pregnancy but not always and not for sure.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kszan For This Useful Post:
sapphirekrc (09-11-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread