It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: richmond, virginia, USA
Posts: 1
foreverSunshine HB User
Is it normal to get your period in the middle of your pill pack?

I have been taking Necon 1/35 since January 2012. I have never ever missed a pill, and take them on time every day. I am sexually active, but use condoms 90% of the time, and the remaining 10% he pulls out. I understand pulling out is not effective since pre-*** is present before, but a little is better than nothing.

However, I have gotten my period in the middle of my pill pack two months in a row, with nothing on my placebo week. I am a little worried because I have read that it doesn't count as a period unless it is on the scheduled placebo week, and two "missed" periods can mean pregnancy.

I am a college student with a lot of stress and exercise vigorously with a small diet. I know it isn't the healthiest, but I am over coming an eating problem. I imagine this may contribute to the lack of period.

So here are my questions:
1) is it normal to have a breakthrough "period" in the middle of your birth control pack?
2) am I not getting periods because my body is still getting used to the pill?
3) Am I at risk of pregnancy?

I get freaked out over this too much, please advise.
Thank you so much

 
Old 09-11-2012, 07:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 9,383
Blog Entries: 32
janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Is it normal to get your period in the middle of your pill pack?

If you take your pills on time every day AND use condoms, pregnancy is pretty much impossible. With 2 reliable methods, it's not a whole lot more likely than winning the lottery.

Mid-cycle bleeding happens sometimes, especially right after you start on the pill. I wouldn't worry too much. If it keeps happening, maybe you'd do better on a different pill, so you could ask your doctor about switching brands.

 
The following user gives a hug of support to janewhite1:
foreverSunshine (09-12-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Closed Thread




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



Kszan (34), KREgirl09 (6), Princesa (5), lorileamc (5), Seraph (3), Remod (3), Titchou (3), tUrRrRa (2), sue19 (2), frankieswife (2)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1136), MSJayhawk (941), Apollo123 (855), janewhite1 (823), Titchou (769), Gabriel (743), ladybud (667), sammy64 (666), midwest1 (654), BlueSkies14 (610)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:13 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.com™
Copyright and Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!