It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #1
(female)

l1nd5marie HB User
Unhappy Started new pill pack late- help please!

For reference I am 20 years old. I also do suffer from anxiety disorders. I am typically an almost perfect pill user, have been on it for four months now and I haven't missed any before. I should've started my new pack on Tuesday the 4th (3rd of 4th day of my period), however I had a busy day and forgot to pick it up and by the time I remembered the pharmacy had closed. I picked it up the next day as soon as I could, I took Tuesday's pill (first in pack) around 130/2pm on Wednesday. Typically I take my pill at 7 pm, so it was about 19 hrs late. I took Wednesday's pill at 7 as usual, so I took 2 in one day. I did have sex on the 7th and the 8th, and also on the 14th. My period ended on the 6th. I will be honest, I am panicking a little. I know the smart thing to do would have been to use an alternate form of birth control for 7days at least, but I read multiple sources online saying that missing one pills/starting it one day late I would still be protected, so I tried to put it out of my mind. Now I am seeing tons of articles saying that the first pill in the pack is the most important and that missing it puts you at a big risk! Now I am worried that I may have ovulated. My breasts aren't really sore, a little bit on the sides but nowhere else and not my nipples, I'm not tired or nauseous but I am still worried because i feel like my veins in my breasts and all over my body are more prominent. I did start working out almost every day recently, I do an hour of cardio and I also do light lifting with my arms, so I do think it is possible that that is the cause of the slight soreness on the sides of my chest as well as the veins, but I am not sure. Now I feel like my nipples are darker, but I'm not sure if I'm just psyching myself out and imagining it. For reference my pill is Generess FE, it has 24 active and 4 non-active pills. So these are my questions:

1. How likely is it that starting the pack a day late (18-19 hrs), taking both pills, that I would ovulate?

2. Most of the articles I read said the danger in starting late is in the more than 7 days without hormones. Because my pill is a 24/4 pill (24 active, 4 inactive) rather than a 21/7 pill (21 active, 7 non active), would that mean that because I technically only had 4 1/2 - 5 non active days I would be less likely to ovulate?

3. Would I have to worry about having sex on the 7th and 8th? Would I have been likely to ovulate that soon after my period ended on the 6th? What about on the 14th? Basically I am wondering when ovulation would typically occur.

I can't find any information on this that is close to my particular case (the 24/4 pills), so any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
birth control, birth control issues, missed pills, possible pregnancy, worried