It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #1
(female)

LittleTeaBlosso HB User
Cousins wedding tomorrow & bleeding terrible! HELP!

Hi everyone. I need your help! I started using Beyaz to control my bleeding from fibroids in June, my periods were still to heavy and long so last month my doctor told me to stop taking the placebo pills and only use the active pills, I did this and even thought I was still bleeding rather heavy it was nothing like my past periods BUT a few days ago I got extremely bad again. I have been having huge numerous clots at a time and bleeding horrible. I only got 2 hours of sleep and even then woke up with a huge leak that went through two overnight pads and my pjs. My question is why am I getting so bad? Is it because my body could not handle the hormones? I also saw something online that said fibroids can sometimes rapture causing hemorrhaging, pain and heavy bleeding. The worst part of this is I have a wedding tomorrow, yes that's right a cousins wedding I have NO idea what to do. I called my doctor but she isn't there today so I talked to a nurse and she basically just said wait it and out and the doctor will be calling you on Monday. If anyone has any advice please post! How can I go to a wedding tomorrow when I'm in the bathroom passing huge clots every 10 minuets . Are there any products I can try for heavy bleeding? I have overnight pads as well as Tena pads and even using two at a time doesn't work. HELP!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Cousins wedding tomorrow & bleeding terrible! HELP!

Before I had my hysterectomy for a huge fibroid, I was having the same issue.
I know you won't like this, but my advice is to buy some adult diapers and wear it over your sanitary napkin. It's really the only way you will be able to function tomorrow if the bleeding doesn't subside...

Last edited by slenderella; 10-05-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2012, 01:05 PM   #3
(female)

LittleTeaBlosso HB User

I appericate your help! I am so stressed and upset right now I will try anything. I have a little dress to wear but I'm thinking I should just wear black pants so upsetting but THANK YOU!

Old 10-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User

I agree with you, definitely wear dark pants just in case. You just never know!
I hope that you have a great time- I know it's tough to have to deal with this and have a "real life".

Old 10-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

I would try calling the Dr on call. It is possible that doubling up on your pills will slow it down, but that will only be a temporary measure to get you thru tomorrow. You could possibly take 2 tonight and 1-2 in AM, but I would recommend you call the doc on call as maybe they will call in just some straight progesterone pills for you to take, which might work better. Hope you get it under control! I would wear a dark red dress or black pants!

Old 10-05-2012, 04:53 PM   #6
(female)

LittleTeaBlosso HB User

OK got it! Thank you both so much
Wish me luck!

Old 10-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I don't think you should be going to the wedding at all, you need to go to the ER! The same thing happened to me only I almost bled to death from my fibroid. I ended up needing 6 blood transfusions and emergency open surgery to remove the damn thing because it was making me bleed to death. It all started just like yours with major clots that wouldn't stop. All the sudden after a few days I got majorly weak and couldn't hardly breathe and almost passed out walking from the living room to the bathroom. You should not be going to a wedding at all and you shouldn't be wasting your time trying to call your doctor because they would just tell you to go to the ER anyway. You need to get a blood test to check your blood count because that is the kind of heavy prolonged bleeding that makes it drop fast without you realizing it and you don't want to end up like I did almost bleeding to death. I had post traumatic stress from the experience.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:24 PM   #8
(female)

LittleTeaBlosso HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kszan View Post
I don't think you should be going to the wedding at all, you need to go to the ER! The same thing happened to me only I almost bled to death from my fibroid. I ended up needing 6 blood transfusions and emergency open surgery to remove the damn thing because it was making me bleed to death. It all started just like yours with major clots that wouldn't stop. All the sudden after a few days I got majorly weak and couldn't hardly breathe and almost passed out walking from the living room to the bathroom. You should not be going to a wedding at all and you shouldn't be wasting your time trying to call your doctor because they would just tell you to go to the ER anyway. You need to get a blood test to check your blood count because that is the kind of heavy prolonged bleeding that makes it drop fast without you realizing it and you don't want to end up like I did almost bleeding to death. I had post traumatic stress from the experience.
Thank you for your help. I decided to stay home I have stopped passing clots and am not bleeding too bad at all but I feel very weak. I am on Iron pills twice a day and have been since last Oct. I can't imagine how I'd feel without them!
Kszan can you please tell me which surgery you have to remove the fibroids? My doctor said Uterine Fibroid Embolization may be my best choice.
Any info or suggestions would be helpful! My doctor keeps saying to keep trying different birth controls forums but I don't know how much longer I can handle this!

Old 10-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

hey I like the idea of having your blood count checked. You can go to a Patient First (if you have those there, doc in the box) because I think its your hemoglobin that gets low. Drink plenty of fluids don't take any aspirin or ibuprofen. let us know how you get along, cathy

Old 10-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I get frustrated with doctors who insist on treating bleeding fibroids with BC pills. Because the fact of the matter is, sooner or later if you've been bleeding long enough those iron pills you're taking twice a day will not be enough to catch up with your blood loss.

I had abdominal surgery to remove mine which was the size of a grapefruit by the time they took it out. I have an 8 inch vertical scar that starts at my belly button but at least the fibroid is gone. In my case the procedure you're talking about wasn't going to work for me so it wasn't an option. I can't speak for how many you might have or how big they are but I had one big one that needed to come out.

Since you're already feeling weakness you really need to get a blood count done. Its so extremely important to monitor that when you have a fibroid. I can't express to you how important it is. For your own sake, go get a blood count done so you can find out your hemoglobin level. Mine was 6. Normal is between 13-16 so you can see how far mine had fallen. It really sneaks up on you if you don't keep an eye on it so go find out and at least then you will know how serious of a situation it is for you. It concerns me greatly that you say you're already feeling weak. That's a bad sign when you've had as much blood loss as what you have said.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:07 AM   #11
(female)

LittleTeaBlosso HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kszan View Post
I get frustrated with doctors who insist on treating bleeding fibroids with BC pills. Because the fact of the matter is, sooner or later if you've been bleeding long enough those iron pills you're taking twice a day will not be enough to catch up with your blood loss.

I had abdominal surgery to remove mine which was the size of a grapefruit by the time they took it out. I have an 8 inch vertical scar that starts at my belly button but at least the fibroid is gone. In my case the procedure you're talking about wasn't going to work for me so it wasn't an option. I can't speak for how many you might have or how big they are but I had one big one that needed to come out.

Since you're already feeling weakness you really need to get a blood count done. Its so extremely important to monitor that when you have a fibroid. I can't express to you how important it is. For your own sake, go get a blood count done so you can find out your hemoglobin level. Mine was 6. Normal is between 13-16 so you can see how far mine had fallen. It really sneaks up on you if you don't keep an eye on it so go find out and at least then you will know how serious of a situation it is for you. It concerns me greatly that you say you're already feeling weak. That's a bad sign when you've had as much blood loss as what you have said.
Thank you so much for all of your help. I'm going to look up where I can go get this done right now. I really do apperciate your help!!

No34evr can you tell me why I shouldn't be taking the aspirin or ibuprofen? This make me wonder because during the week I did have a bad cold so I took Aleve D for colds twice last week and I just looked and it has 220mg of Ibuporfen in it ":0X could this be why I was bleeding so badly? Also does anyone know is coughing could have causes one of the fibriods to degenerate?
Thank you guys so much!

Old 10-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

Because it thins ur blood cathy

Old 10-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #13
(female)

Brenda7777 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTeaBlosso View Post
Hi everyone. I need your help! I started using Beyaz to control my bleeding from fibroids in June, my periods were still to heavy and long so last month my doctor told me to stop taking the placebo pills and only use the active pills, I did this and even thought I was still bleeding rather heavy it was nothing like my past periods BUT a few days ago I got extremely bad again. I have been having huge numerous clots at a time and bleeding horrible. I only got 2 hours of sleep and even then woke up with a huge leak that went through two overnight pads and my pjs. My question is why am I getting so bad? Is it because my body could not handle the hormones? I also saw something online that said fibroids can sometimes rapture causing hemorrhaging, pain and heavy bleeding. The worst part of this is I have a wedding tomorrow, yes that's right a cousins wedding I have NO idea what to do. I called my doctor but she isn't there today so I talked to a nurse and she basically just said wait it and out and the doctor will be calling you on Monday. If anyone has any advice please post! How can I go to a wedding tomorrow when I'm in the bathroom passing huge clots every 10 minuets . Are there any products I can try for heavy bleeding? I have overnight pads as well as Tena pads and even using two at a time doesn't work. HELP!!!

Old 10-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #14
(female)

Brenda7777 HB User

Hi a year ago I was in a very similar situation. Fibroids were causing me so many problems, pain and terrible blood loss. After much consideration I opted for the UAE and whilst it was not as pain free as the doctors make out, I have no regrets at all. I now have a 3 day v light period, no clotting or pain. I wish I had it done sooner, rather than put up with the fibroids for so long. If you want further detail on the procedure / how I felt afterwards let me know. The actual procedure itself is painless, but afterwards it is pretty painful for a few weeks (bad period pains) and tender for a few months (well I was) but it was so worth it and I feel for myself it was the right decision v the other options offered.

Old 10-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #15
(female)

LittleTeaBlosso HB User

Thank you so much for your info Brenda! I really do appreciate your honestly. Do you know how many Fibroids you had? I know I have four and am hoping that I will still be able to do the UAE. Did you spend the night at the hospital? Did you have a lot of bleeding right after the procedure? Also did you have a D&C beforehand?
Do you guys think that the Aleve D could have really made me that bad? I was by far the worst I have ever been.
I am going to ask my doctor if I can have my iron tested tomorrow since I cannot find a place by me who will do it today.
Thank you again sooo much everyone!!!

Closed Thread