It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2012, 05:03 AM   #1
(female)

PhilsBabe HB User
Late/missed period - worried!

Hi, I am getting rather worried as I should have got my period a few days ago but so far nothing. I have recently got a new boyfriend after years of being single and we've just started having sex, last month a lot. I'm on Microgynon 30 and have been for 14 years with no problems, have never missed a pill in all that time. Since June I've had some odd periods, hardly any bleeding which has been different to what I'm used to, I would normally have three or four days of light bleeding. Last month I had a slight bleed on the first day then nothing at all, so far this month there has been nothing, not even brown discharge. I've taken all the pills as directed, also my boyfriend pulls out well before he comes, I'm also age 44, will be 45 at Christmas and have never been pregnant. I'm wondering if this is beginning of menopause??? I've read that if you are on the pill long time you can miss periods, I have no symptoms of being pregnant either. Please can someone reassure me as I have absolutely no one I can ask about this, thank you!

Old 10-17-2012, 09:51 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Late/missed period - worried!

I started missing periods and having very slight ones at about your age. You probably are perimenopausal. It wouldn't hurt to have a gyn exam and hormone level test to see if that is what it is. Good luck, Sera

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #3
(female)

PhilsBabe HB User

Hi Seraph, thank you for your reply, I am going to pop into a family planning clinic in my town on Friday afternoon to get some advice and hopefully put my mind at ease!

Old 10-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #4
(female)

PhilsBabe HB User

I saw someone yesterday at the FP clinic who said it was unusual to have irregular periods or miss some at my age, not what I've read and my doctor said that can happen too. Anyway, the nurse did a pregnancy test which came out negative, which is a relief. I still havent had any bleeding so am putting this down as a missed period due to age or hormonal issues!

Old 10-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #5
(female)

Leegh HB UserLeegh HB UserLeegh HB UserLeegh HB User

I think even good stress can cause periods to be irregular. Having a new boyfriend sounds good, and maybe the stress of being in a new relationship has had something to do with your periods being irregular.

Closed Thread