It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2012, 11:15 PM   #1
(female)

radarlove413 HB User
Very tender nipples! Has anybody else had this? (Alesse)

I've been taking Alesse 28 for almost a year now, but in the past few months I'm having some weird things going on.

I missed my period last pack, and it was the first time this had happened to me while on the pills. (I had a blood pregnancy test done and it was negative by the way)

But after the missed period, my nipples have gotten so sensitive it hurts when anything is brushed against them! I've never had this before. More veins have also appeared in my breasts. The breasts are not sensitive, only the nipple area. The areolas are slightly sensitive but not nearly as bad as my nipples. Brushing them once with my hand hurts and makes them instantly erect.

Would I be starting to get side effects after this long on the pill? I thought I understood that I'd be experiencing stuff like this in the first few months, not after almost a year. It's been freaking me out because these could be pregnancy symptoms as well (and I can't afford to keep taking tests to make sure)

Old 10-31-2012, 12:42 AM   #2
(female)

radarlove413 HB User
Re: Very tender nipples! Has anybody else had this? (Alesse)

Please, can anybody help me? The pain has gotten worse in my nipples, and now when I'm wearing a shirt without a bra (constant low friction) my nipples turn white! The tips feel very dry when they're not erect.

The only answers I can seem to find relate back to scary stuff like cancer! I don't think I could be pregnant, as the blood test was done a week after my missed period and if I'd gotten pregnant this cycle I wouldn't be feeling symptoms yet.

In short, I'm starting to get scared of these changes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
(female)

Xtina14366 HB User
Re: Very tender nipples! Has anybody else had this? (Alesse)

Are you having any other issues? Cramping etc? I have gone through the same exact thing and was found to have an ovarian cyst on my right ovary. I guess cysts are common when taking birth control. It literally minics being pregnant.

I only had the symptoms that made me think I was pregnant- mainly the tender breasts.

<removed unapproved website>

Closed Thread