It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
(female)

kris12345 HB User
Unprotected Sex on Birth Control...Now Spotting...

I have been on birth control for 10 years. I am 27 and I used to take seasonique then it was seasonale now it\'s camrese. The past few months on camrese I have been spotting. I went to my doctor she said everything is normal and I have a thin lining and that\'s what you want while on birth control. My questions is on Saturday my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex and he had finished inside me. I got nervouse and jumped and it really went everywhere besides in me. 3 days later I started spotting again. Nothing major just basically when I whip after using the bathroom and very little staining in my underwear. I am wondering if I Should be nervous if I am going to get pregnant. My boyfriend and I are usually super careful and i take my pills same time every day. Please help.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:18 PM   #2
(female)

lorileamc HB Userlorileamc HB Userlorileamc HB Userlorileamc HB User
Re: Unprotected Sex on Birth Control...Now Spotting...

No birth control is 100% effective but you should be close to it just by being on the pill alone. Condoms are a great way to prevent STD's and along with birth control pills, your pregnancy chances are very slim. Continue taking your pills at the same time everyday!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2012, 08:34 AM   #3
(female)

kris12345 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorileamc View Post
No birth control is 100% effective but you should be close to it just by being on the pill alone. Condoms are a great way to prevent STD's and along with birth control pills, your pregnancy chances are very slim. Continue taking your pills at the same time everyday!

So you think I am ok then? Just can't explain the random spotting.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:44 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

There's nothing to explain, because random spotting is a common side effect from being on the pill. Spotting, breakthrough bleeding, no sex drive, acne, hair loss, weight gain, moodiness, and many other things are all very common side effects from being on the pill. It has nothing to do with pregnancy.

I'm not sure why so many girls equate spotting while on the pill to pregnancy but one has nothing to do with the other while on the pill. When not on the pill, any kind of spotting or bleeding not during your period is a problem. But while on the pill, you're going to have random bleeding sometimes. It's the most common thing ever when on the pill.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:47 AM   #5
(female)

kris12345 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kszan View Post
There's nothing to explain, because random spotting is a common side effect from being on the pill. Spotting, breakthrough bleeding, no sex drive, acne, hair loss, weight gain, moodiness, and many other things are all very common side effects from being on the pill. It has nothing to do with pregnancy.

I'm not sure why so many girls equate spotting while on the pill to pregnancy but one has nothing to do with the other while on the pill. When not on the pill, any kind of spotting or bleeding not during your period is a problem. But while on the pill, you're going to have random bleeding sometimes. It's the most common thing ever when on the pill.
I just got nervous that it happened 3 days after sex a don't want that to effect the pill effectiveness of protecting me from pregnancy. That's why I got nervous.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

Nah, you don't need to worry. Spotting is really common.

Closed Thread

Tags
birth conrol, spotting, unprotected sex