It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2012, 01:44 AM   #1
(female)

Cassidy06 HB User
Exclamation Mirena complaints?

I had the Mirena inserted a couple of months after I had my son. I have to say it is a great birth control method and virtually worry-free. Lately, though, I have been having random cramping in my uterus and my upper thighs. Also, sex has become painful. I had a dr take a look to make sure everything was ok, but she did not seem concerned at all. She said it was still in place. I am thinking of having it taken out. I have seen some negative ads on tv. Im not sure if it is just lawyers to cash in on a class action suit...or if it is legitimate. Anyone else have iud or mirena problems?
THANKS!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2012, 02:09 AM   #2
(female)

jenapurrkay HB User
Re: Mirena complaints?

I had mine taken out about two months ago and I am soooo glad I did. I went four years with painful sex and(spotting) cramping. I really regret keeping it as long as I did. My husband and I went to Hawaii for a wonderful vacay, but I avoided sex because of the pain. Ruined the trip. Now I can't keep my hands off my hubby and sex feels really good. Also I immediately lost weight around my tummy.

The Following User Says Thank You to jenapurrkay For This Useful Post:
Cassidy06 (11-19-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: Mirena complaints?

I had the constant cramping for the 9 months I had the Mirena. I think that the cramping happens because the Mirena is a foreign object and your uterus is trying to expel the foreign object which causes the cramping. It's an imperfect birth control because it has some issues. I liked not having to take a pill everyday but the cramps every day was annoying.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kszan For This Useful Post:
Cassidy06 (11-19-2012)
Closed Thread