It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 07:26 AM   #1
(female)

rlg87 HB User
Angry No PMS symptoms on BC, sex without condom

I posted before without any replies, but I am going to try again. This time with a new concern.

I have been on some form of the pill since I was 18 years old (I am 25 now). My periods have always been regular while on the pill, and I have had sex without a condom in the past. I have started using an app on my phone to calculate my period (even though I really don't need it because I know when I get it based on my pill pack) and it has me extremely paranoid because it tells me when I'm supposed to "ovulate" and when I'm "fertile." I know on the pill you don't ovulate but this app still makes me paranoid.

My concern is this: my boyfriend and I have ALWAYS used condoms, but this past month we went without them, for the first time ever, 3 times. According to this app, we had sex two days before I became "fertile" and again on the day I was supposed to "ovulate" and again 4 days later.

I am due for my period either today or tomorrow, possibly Wednesday (it is usually on Tuesday) but I have not had any of the typical PMS symptoms (bloating, cramps, headaches, etc) that I usually get other than extreme moodiness/crying a couple of days ago. I did have urinary frequency a couple weeks ago and went to the doctor and he ruled it as a slight UTI (very barely changed the test color) and gave me 3 days of antibiotics so I thought I was in the clear for it being due to a pregnancy (I started it after the sex w/o a condom). I still feel like I am peeing more than usual, but less than before I started the antibiotic.

I took a pregnancy test yesterday because I had one lying around from a previous scare (was stressed) and it came back negative. Do I have a reason to believe I could be pregnant or am I just stressing out and making myself paranoid?

Last edited by rlg87; 11-26-2012 at 07:28 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2012, 09:08 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: No PMS symptoms on BC, sex without condom

You need to get rid of that app! While it is "possible" to get pregnant on the pill, it isn't probable. I wouldn't worry about it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
rlg87 (11-26-2012)
Old 11-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #3
(female)

rlg87 HB User
Re: No PMS symptoms on BC, sex without condom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
You need to get rid of that app! While it is "possible" to get pregnant on the pill, it isn't probable. I wouldn't worry about it.
Ugh, I know! I don't know why I even downloaded it! I have enough anxiety already without having to worry about this. I already deleted it after this post.

Thanks for your reply. I'm trying not to worry, but no PMS symptoms is very abnormal for me.

Closed Thread