It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2012, 06:37 PM   #1
(female)

halfpint3730 HB User
how long does it take for bcp to stop bleeding?

ok...a bit of hx. I have PCOS...had for several yrs. have had bad problems here lately with irregular cycles. went about 6 months no period then started and had for 3-4 months. GYN put me on ortho novum (necon). bleeding pretty much stopped completely. after taking two weeks I decided to quit due to annoying side effects and now I am bleeding and bleeding pretty bad. I want to know--is this normal if you quit bcp suddenly? I have started taking the pill again...now have 2 in me...how long will it take for them to slow my bleeding? My GYN left the area and moved to another city so I will have to become an established pt at another practice but can't do that until Monday.
Any advice/help is greatly appreciated!!

Old 12-01-2012, 05:14 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: how long does it take for bcp to stop bleeding?

Truly, when you stop and start it like that, it's hard to say. Yes, when you stop taking the pill you'll have a period. Just as if you got to the end of the pack. All the body know is - no more pill so produce blood. So now you've gone back to what was happening before the pill. It could just be a few days. How long did it take for your period to stop when you first when on it? I'd use that as an indicator.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2012, 06:39 AM   #3
(female)

halfpint3730 HB User
Re: how long does it take for bcp to stop bleeding?

Thanks Titchou for responding. Praises be to God above I have slowed down so so much. But at times I still have a bit of a lite flow...I suppose this is normal? My friend who is a RN told me it may take me two months before I finally get straightened up after stopping the pill too soon. Is spotting/lite flow normal even between periods on the bcp??

Closed Thread

Tags
bcp, birth control pill, bleeding