It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
(female)

MoonBeam2 HB User
Question Withdrawal/Pre-***/Fertility Awareness

Hi,

So first of all, I am looking for replies from people based on their PERSONAL experiences- not I heard this, or I heard that, or a friend of a friend- if you reply, please share your own story with me.

I have been practicing fertility awareness (if you are not familiar with this, please research it before commenting, it is very effective) for over 5 years now with not one single incident of pregnancy and I have confirmed fertility.

I was in a long-term relationship with a wonderful person and as time went on we both knew that we would be comfortable having a child and we became more lax about fertility awareness. We ended up only using withdrawal on my fertile days rather than barrier methods/abstaining. He also came in me very close to my fertile window. So, in short- I was regularly having sex on my fertile days and using the withdrawal method as the only source of 'protection' with a few 'risky releases' within me. I never became pregnant.

I have read conflicting information about pre-*** and whether or not it contains sperm. It seems the general consensus is that it can if the sperm is leftover from a previous ejaculation. I am inclined to believe this as I never became pregnant (and we had a lot of sex but he always made sure to urinate between ejaculations or that he had not recently *** and ALWAYS pulled out on time). I have also had sex with one other individual using withdrawal during my fertile window- no pregnancy.

I am wondering what others have experienced with CORRECT and consistent use of withdrawal. I am looking for aware people, who are knowledgeable about their cycles (fyi if you think you can get pregnant any day, you are WRONG- there are about 5-9 fertile days per month and only a 12-24 hour window where fertilization can occur).

My main question is this: Have you had sex during your fertile window (wet days) using withdrawal as your only source of contraception and what has your experience been?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by MoonBeam2; 12-10-2012 at 10:55 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
(male)

aowshea HB Useraowshea HB Useraowshea HB User
Re: Withdrawal/Pre-***/Fertility Awareness

I know several marriage couples who had sex 'safely' by using your method, for years. But two of the couples, gets their wives have another pregnancy, 8 and 11 years later, measuring from last child's age. Remarkably, the couple that 8 years later had another pregnancy, they mentioned to us that they were never on pill or condom and any kind of contraceptions. Else couple had a mixture but very less contraceptions.

To me, I prefer the safe game, at least a condom. We had two infants right now. You know how heavy is financially to bear and feed a child nowadays, not too mention it's hard to find a good baby-sitter either. Even an abortion is not cheap either, comparing to pill and condom.

Anyway, have you aware of difficulties in having a pregnancy? I think you should consider that factor. Both of you.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #3
(female)

callalily327 HB User

My boyfriend and I have been using only the withdrawal method for almost a year and a half and so far, no pregnancies

Old 12-28-2012, 10:11 PM   #4
(female)

MoonBeam2 HB User

Awesome! Thanks for the reply Callalily, glad you are having positive experiences using this method as well.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:57 PM   #5
(female)

callalily327 HB User

You're welcome! I don't see why people say it's so unreliable, as long as you do it correctly it works just fine lol

Old 12-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #6
(female)

MoonBeam2 HB User

I know- people keep telling me "well so and so got pregnant that way" and I'm like okay, I want to know details!!!!! Had the guy recently *** prior to sex, etc etc!!!!
It has worked for me, even during my fertile phase for years now- but I *always* make triple sure that the guy hasn't *** previously and pulls out on time. I am however going to start using spermicide as well on my fertile days, just to have that additional protection.
Anyways-here's to continued success using withdrawal!!!!

Old 01-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #7
(female)

xxfallingstar HB User

so guys if i understood this right, guy just has to pee before withdrawal sex and theres zero chance of sperm in pre ejaculate?

Closed Thread