It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 03:07 AM   #1
(female)

Sam0804 HB User
Depo Injection

My last depo injection was June 2012, i was due another in September but purposely missed it as me and my partner are trying for a baby. I was on the injection for 2 years and I still haven't had a period and im not getting anywhere with getting pregnant. do you still ovulate even though i have not had a period? If so...how do you know when you are? HELP!!!

Old 12-07-2012, 06:35 AM   #2
(female)

lorileamc HB Userlorileamc HB Userlorileamc HB Userlorileamc HB User
Re: Depo Injection

Sometimes it can take up to a year to become regulated after stopping depo. I know, that's not what you wanted to hear!

How were your cycles before you started the depo-regular or not? Your body is going to go back to the way you were pre-depo so you need to take that into consideration. The length of your cycle would give you a better indication on when you ovulate. If the cycles were 28 days, you probably ovulate around day 13 or 14 BUT not everyone is standard. A lot of women will have some mid-cycle cramping which could indicate ovulation (the egg releases from the ovary so could cause a "tweak" of cramping). Also your temperature may spike at that time. Right now it's hard to say when and if you are ovulating because of the lack of the period. You could use an ovulation kit to see if you do but without a period to know where you are in your cycle, you may just be wasting your money.

My first thought is to call your dr's office. Ask if it would be possibly to get medication to start your period since you are trying to get pregnant. It's worth a shot!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread