It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #1
(female)

Babyt44 HB User
Birth control effective yet?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has some idea when my birth control will become effective and I won't have to frequently remember to use condoms. I am on trinessa, and started it about 2 weeks ago. I forgot that it should be started around your period, and just started taking it because my periods are so irregular without birth control of some kind, I wasn't sure when I would be able to start it, I had to stop taking it because of financial issues for a couple months. Should I consider taking the morning after pill if I have had unprotected sex?

Old 01-02-2013, 07:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: Birth control effective yet?

Since your period is irregular and you started it at a random time in your cycle, I would give it a full month before relying on it without condoms. I think that's the best way to handle this. I would not advise you to use the morning after pill at all while on the pill because that will cause more severe side effects due to the overdose of hormones when you do that. It's already been 2 weeks so just use condoms for 2 more weeks and then after that you can do what you want. However it's always been better to double up on protection if you don't want to get pregnant by using both the pill and a condom. It depends on your current lifestyle and whether you would be ok with possibly getting pregnant in case the pill fails for some reason. While many women use the pill as their only form of birth control and they don't get pregnant, it doesn't mean every woman is that lucky. I have a couple of friends who used the pill regularly as required and they still got pregnant. So it's totally up to you but I'm just letting you know a small risk for pregnancy still exists but less than the risk for totally unprotected sex using the pull out method or something.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kszan For This Useful Post:
Babyt44 (01-02-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread