It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #1
(female)

Dove85 HB User
Exclamation Regular Then Missed Period Post-BC Pill Discontinuation

Hi, (in short) I stopped taking birth control pills (Gianvi, aka Ortho Tri-Cylcen) 3.5 months ago after taking it for 2 years. My periods have been seemingly regular since then (3-4 cycles) until this past month and now it seems to be late (2+ days). I am aware of Amenorrhea and irregular cycles being common side effects of discontinued birth control for the first less than 3 months or so, but how common is it to regain seemingly normal periods and then miss one? I do have a boyfriend and we use condoms, though I do not fully trust them and feel there could be a very small chance that I could be pregnant, though it seems unlikely. I completed a basic home pregnancy test first thing this morning, which was negative. I plan to repeat it again/see a doctor if this continues etc, but in the meantime I am wondering if anyone has any experience/insight regarding this situation of a seemingly regular period post-discontinuation of birth control pills for 3-4 months and then a potentially missed one? I noticed some slight pain/cramping on my lower left side, which lasted for a few days and seemed different from usual, before my last period as well. Thank you for your time and thoughts.

Closed Thread

Tags
birth control pill, irregular periods, missed period, ortho tri-cyclen, pregnacy