It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2013, 06:34 PM   #1
(female)

jal915 HB User
When can I begin my birth control pills?

Today I picked up my birth control pills. I have never used them before. On the leaflet it says to begin your pills during the first 24 hours of your period for immediate protection OR the Sunday after your period in which case you need to use a back up method for 7 days.

My dilemma is that my periods are VERY irregular. The last period I had was a month ago. I may not have another for 1-2 months.

I would like to begin my pills now.

What do I do?

Can I take 7 pills in a row like the Sunday start option and expect to be protected against pregnancy?

Old 02-23-2013, 10:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: When can I begin my birth control pills?

Since you're very irregular, you can probably start them anytime. But I would suggest starting on a Sunday to make it easier to remember when your new pack starts.

As for protection from pregnancy, since you're irregular and there is no guarantee you will be protected right away, if I were you and didn't want to risk pregnancy, I'd just use condoms for a few weeks to give it enough time to get into your system. It all depends on how careful you want to be.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread