It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #1
(female)

iichloegirl HB User
IUD problem

I tried to get an IUD yesterday but was unable to because the doctor told me my cervix just would not open for her to even measure my uterus. I'm unable to use any hormonal birth control because of the side effects. I was really hoping the IUD would work because I know my partner (of 10 years) is tired of having to use condoms, and I am upset that there isn't any option for me.

The doctor told me they can try again and numb my cervix but there is no way to know if this will work, it would just allow them to try more, even though I told her to keep trying despite the fact that it hurt so bad I thought I was going to pass out.

Has anyone had this problem with getting an IUD? Did you ever find a way to get it to work?

I have no kids (never want them) so I'm wondering if maybe that is why it is so difficult?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2013, 06:52 AM   #2
(female)

Glycerine82 HB User
Re: IUD problem

It is much harder to insert an IUD on a woman who has never had children. Are you on your period? This is usually a must for most docs because it makes your cervix much softer and easier to pass through. Did you go to an OBGYN? General practitioners may not have enough practice. Those are the only two things I can think of suggesting. I had mine placed without a problem and have never had children, either. If you saw a GP i would find a good OB in your area and try again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread