It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Birth Control Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2013, 10:41 PM   #1
(female)

hmcninch HB User
Birth control pills

I was recently on the birth control Mononessa. I started it in Jan. 2013. In April and in may, I skipped my placebo pills so I could avoid my period. On may 26th, I started a very heavy period which lasted only a day. I contacted my doctor and she switched me to Low Ogestrel. I was told to start taking them after my last packet of Mononessa. On June 11th, I started my period. I was not projected to start until the 16th. It is now June 22 and I'm still bleeding. I picked up my Low Ogestrel yesterday (June 21st) and took the first active pill even though I had 2 Mononessa placebo pills left.
I'm tired of bleeding and I'm wondering when it will stop. Should the new pills help it stop? Sorry about the confusion and thanks for your help!

Old 06-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
(female)

wisdomtprobs HB User
Re: Birth control pills

There's really no way to know, it all depends on your body. I know that's not the answer you were hoping for but you really just have to wait it out. I don't know the amount of blood you normally expel during your period but if it seems like way more than usual or if you feel faint or dizzy just give your doctor a call.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
birth control, period, pill