It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Message Board
  1. Old Comment

To Do: Put some flab on!

Let's share our secrets to wellness!

That's great to hear! We should exchange secrets to health and wellness some time. I'm part of a great organization that supports everyone's desire to meet their wellness goals. Message me some time!
    Posted 07-28-2013 at 02:45 PM by HMBeautyforless HMBeautyforless is offline
  2. Old Comment

To Do: Put some flab on!

That's great to hear! We should exchange secrets to health and wellness some time. I'm part of a great organization that supports everyone's desire to meet their wellness goals. Message me some time!
    Posted 07-28-2013 at 02:33 PM by HMBeautyforless HMBeautyforless is offline
  3. Old Comment

Where I'm at

[QUOTE=Sunsetnan;bt831]Jane:
    I'm probably not telling you anything you don't already know, but thought I'd pass on a few tips that might help you in case you don't. I was always told to rinse my mouth after using the inhalers. If they are steroid- based, it can decrease your immune system and cause an over-growth of thrush (fungal infection) with white patches and discomfort. If that is your cause of pain, rinsing your mouth, and even gargling can help prevent that. I've had to take a nasty swish and swallow anti-fungal medication to get rid of it, and it's no fun. Sometimes the doctors will have you take it on a routine basis in smaller doses to prevent its recurrence.

I'm sorry to hear of your asthma problems. I've had breathing problems in the past, and I know how hard it is to deal with. My sister and mother both suffer from asthma. My mother has COPD (due to asthma and second- hand smoke) and pretty much wheezes constantly. She isn't faithful in using her inhaler (prefers a nebulizer). She goes for pulmonary function testing this week.
    Take Care,
    Sunsetnan[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I always rinse after my steroid. Lately I've been putting more effort into getting the back of my mouth when I rinse. Thanks though!
  4. Old Comment

Where I'm at

Jane:
    I'm probably not telling you anything you don't already know, but thought I'd pass on a few tips that might help you in case you don't. I was always told to rinse my mouth after using the inhalers. If they are steroid- based, it can decrease your immune system and cause an over-growth of thrush (fungal infection) with white patches and discomfort. If that is your cause of pain, rinsing your mouth, and even gargling can help prevent that. I've had to take a nasty swish and swallow anti-fungal medication to get rid of it, and it's no fun. Sometimes the doctors will have you take it on a routine basis in smaller doses to prevent its recurrence.

I'm sorry to hear of your asthma problems. I've had breathing problems in the past, and I know how hard it is to deal with. My sister and mother both suffer from asthma. My mother has COPD (due to asthma and second- hand smoke) and pretty much wheezes constantly. She isn't faithful in using her inhaler (prefers a nebulizer). She goes for pulmonary function testing this week.
    Take Care,
    Sunsetnan
    Updated 08-24-2010 at 11:26 AM by Sunsetnan
  5. Old Comment

Still waiting for Godot

Jane,

Good thingy for the Internet. Who the hecks is Godotot? I'm smart, sortof, I found out.

Jane, have you tried Adderall for your allergies/asthma/ADHD/all_evil_remedial?

Adderall has got a lot of benzedrine, dL-amphetamine, used in the good'ol days as a bronchodilator.

Still works.

Given you're low tolerance, try 2.5 mg and see if it helps.

Does me, with my somewhat milder allergies.

Bob