It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Message Board
Just an account of a taper a relapse and then a cold turkey withdrawal. I have been on percocet 10/325 15 mg every 5 hours since 2004, plus got higher on them. I have tapered off once and cold turkey once. The percocet gave me so much energy, and a feeling of euphoria (I love that word)I needed it for pain a sometimes. The best word for detox is hell. The best word for 2 weeks after detox is melancholy (also a great word, just fits). And the best word for good clean abstinence is reality. If you are dealing with opiate addiction and want recovery, I hope that my blog will help you as much as it helps me.
Old

day 7 percocet oxycodone cold turkey

Posted 01-24-2013 at 02:11 AM by rosebuddy (My life on percocet, withdrawal sucks but worth it.)

I am so grateful to have made it this far. My biggest complaints are sleeplessness and constant headaches. I don't know if the headaches are related but I very rarely have headaches. Now it is 4 am. The latest I have slept is 3:30, but I keep waking up.

Had 2 drinks. I listened to a radio show - the democracy station on Sirius - and the topic was opiates. 2 things I heard scared me.

1. Taking percocet and drinking is stupid and will ruin your liver because of all...
Senior Veteran
Old

36 days off of oxycodone and 23 days sober

Posted 11-06-2010 at 02:58 PM by rosebuddy (My life on percocet, withdrawal sucks but worth it.)

Kind of weird numbers in my title, but it's me and my blog, so whatever. I just felt like blogging since my husbando is going to be drinking all night and listening to loud rock and roll. I need to find something to do tonight. I went to oa (a subject for another blog entry) and aa yesterday and I don't feel like hittin' a meetin'. I was gone half the day Christmas shopping and I'm kind of pooped. I could go see a movie but just went last night plus it will be all couples on a Saturday night. So...I'm...
Senior Veteran
Old

clean since 9/30, sober since 10/14

Posted 10-19-2010 at 11:53 AM by rosebuddy (My life on percocet, withdrawal sucks but worth it.)

Now i have clean and sober date of 10/14 (but i haven't used for 19 days!) Still with nightmares and night terrors. Went through a flare but am better now. Going to AA tonight with my sponsor--I'm 5 days sober...who wudda thunk it? If i can do it so can you. I feel like screaming from the roof tops, "I'm clean and sober!!!! and it's wonderful!!!!"
Senior Veteran
Old

3rd day off oxycodone and slept all night!!!

Posted 10-04-2010 at 04:28 AM by rosebuddy (My life on percocet, withdrawal sucks but worth it.)

Well this is my 4th day off the percocet! (I quit on a Thursday night and now it's Monday morning.) I haven't craved it since the 1st day, which is a miracle in itself.
A cold front moved in last night and I usually have a fibromyalgia flare, but thank God, I didn't. That is one of the reasons the percocet was prescribed to me.
It is 6 a.m. and I feel great! I have some errands to run today and I'm glad because it will be good to get of the house. We stayed cooped up all weekend,...
Senior Veteran
Old

withdrawal symptoms worsen on day2 34 hours

Posted 10-01-2010 at 08:15 AM by rosebuddy (My life on percocet, withdrawal sucks but worth it.)

After a hellish night, I have found that all my symptoms are more intense at 34 hours than at 24. I am freezing, with goose bumps all over hence the phrase "cold turkey", even though i am wearing warm clothes and have a blanket over me, headache, runny nose and sneezing. And I'm tired. Laid up on the sofa. I am trying to drink water. I took my vitamins and am going to try to get outside today.
I was so stupid. I thought that I had already made it through the hardest part of the...
Senior Veteran