It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Message Board
Just an account of a taper a relapse and then a cold turkey withdrawal. I have been on percocet 10/325 15 mg every 5 hours since 2004, plus got higher on them. I have tapered off once and cold turkey once. The percocet gave me so much energy, and a feeling of euphoria (I love that word)I needed it for pain a sometimes. The best word for detox is hell. The best word for 2 weeks after detox is melancholy (also a great word, just fits). And the best word for good clean abstinence is reality. If you are dealing with opiate addiction and want recovery, I hope that my blog will help you as much as it helps me.
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

over 60 days off percocet!

Posted 03-24-2013 at 02:56 PM by rosebuddy (My life on percocet, withdrawal sucks but worth it.)
Updated 03-25-2013 at 07:17 AM by moderator2

I am glad to be off the percs. They have been apart of my life for about 8 or 9 years. I have been able to taper off before, but always went back. To be honest, there are some things that I miss about them--mostly the energy. But it is so wonderful not to be constipated. It also a relief that I don't have to worry about running out, having to count and recount my pills all month. My husband took them too, and I gave him his cut each day, and he always wanted more by evening. We always ran out early....
Senior Veteran
Old

ughh feels like beginning of w/d from oxycodone

Posted 02-12-2013 at 10:29 AM by rosebuddy (My life on percocet, withdrawal sucks but worth it.)

Yesterday, I had lots of energy, ran lots of errands and was busy all day. Today, it's like I'm in w/d again day 18 I think. Runny nose, yawning like crazy, vivid dreams, waking up in the middle of the night is usual, but last night it was brutal. I have so many things to do today, but I just feel blahh. I thought I was past this.
Senior Veteran
Old

Relapse now oxydone / percocet Cold turky

Posted 01-20-2013 at 11:14 PM by rosebuddy (My life on percocet, withdrawal sucks but worth it.)

I don't know when I decided it was a good idea to get percocet again.

Recently, I had to give a urine test at my pain management doctor's office that will show up positive for pot. I have been seeing her since June of 2004.

So I decided to go cold turkey since she won't give RX for them anymore. I start taking care of a 4 year old on the 25th, and I don't want to be in withdrawals then. I can take L-Tysone in about 2 more days. It helps so much.

So...
Senior Veteran
Old

detox night terrors

Posted 10-01-2010 at 12:35 AM by rosebuddy (My life on percocet, withdrawal sucks but worth it.)

I just got up because i was having awful nightmares again. I hate to go back to bed because the last time this happened, the nightmares continued. I'm going to check and see if this is a common detox side effect.
Senior Veteran