It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Message Board
Obesity
Old

How to Get the Most Bang for Your Organic Buck

Posted 04-03-2014 at 02:02 PM by ChristaIB (HealthBoards Blog)
Updated 04-08-2014 at 02:30 PM by ChristaIB

Name:  seedling1.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  55.6 KB
A NPR poll found that 58 percent of Americans would prefer to eat organic over conventional foods, but that cost is a big inhibitor. Consumers may pay up to twice as much for organic foods and not even receive the all-natural product they had hoped for—as long as the product contains 70 percent organic ingredients, it can be labeled as such; this means that the remaining 30 percent may contain synthetic preservatives, dyes and other additives.

Given this, you may...
ChristaIB's Avatar
IB Editorial Staff
Views 633 Comments 0 ChristaIB is offline
Old

Are Electronics Making You Fat?

Posted 03-31-2014 at 06:06 PM by ChristaIB (HealthBoards Blog)
Updated 04-08-2014 at 04:36 PM by ChristaIB

Name:  electronics and fat1.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  46.2 KB
As we become more engrossed in technology, our waistlines expand? It is true that the nation is facing an obesity epidemic—according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, over half of the American population is overweight—but are electronics to blame?

The Skinny on Electronics

Studies, including one conducted by Yale University, found that those who watched an excessive amount of television were more likely to consume fatty foods, regardless...
ChristaIB's Avatar
IB Editorial Staff
Views 467 Comments 0 ChristaIB is offline
Old

Was it that long?!!

Posted 04-16-2013 at 11:36 AM by Dandy33
Updated 04-16-2013 at 11:40 AM by Dandy33

16th April 2013 Tuesday

I have been so busy..that's inbetween being very dozy ..as is my wont!
Sold several things but one with rather a dismal result.. I had charged £10 + £4.46 p&p.. Fee for entry was £2 and postage turned out to be £10.56 = minus 10p!! ..

Started on a Low Carb diet and have managed to lose a few pounds... Hooray!! Now at 13st13lb Although it's very slow at least it is going down and I am very pleased with that!

...
Dandy33's Avatar
Junior Member
Views 705 Comments 0 Dandy33 is offline
Old

Uh - oh!!

Posted 03-08-2013 at 08:50 PM by Dandy33
Updated 03-08-2013 at 08:56 PM by Dandy33

Friday 8th March 201

Not a good week!
I have apparently upset both of my sisters who are not calling me at all now and my two daughters are at loggerheads with me as well...making for a rather depressed me!!
Nuff said about that..
So the fact is that having lost a few pounds it may well be that come my Monday morning weigh in I shall be back to square one.

Still..everything hasn't been too bad this week. I have continued with my dehoarding and...
Dandy33's Avatar
Junior Member
Views 611 Comments 0 Dandy33 is offline
Old

And we are off!

Posted 02-14-2013 at 02:45 PM by Dandy33

Delighted to find that I have lost another 1lb today which now puts me at 14st 4lb...YAY!! ..
I think it's a combination of having had relaxing massages plus I have decided to stop taking the CoCodamol for my back pain as it has been making me very constipated. So hopefully the weight will continue to drop even if it is only a couple of pounds every two weeks.

Another pleasing effect from my massages is that my arms are not as painful and I have been able to take
...
Dandy33's Avatar
Junior Member
Views 619 Comments 0 Dandy33 is offline

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:33 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.com™
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.com™ All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!